Just started Keto

Options
Hello everyone, I just started Keto. Most diets have not been very effective for me but I intend to keep my carbs very low since I have diabetes and NEED to get control of it before my doctor insists on giving me insulin. I have a terrible sweet tooth and love bread so this will be hard.

I've been on it for almost a week now and it's getting easier. I am hoping with encouragement I will succeed and get rid of my diabetes forever.

Replies

• msderes
    msderes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good luck ! I started the Keto diet today ! pretty much for the same reason. Day one was ok, a bit difficult to bypass the morning bagel ... but hopefully it will get easier :)
  • GrannyGoes4it
    GrannyGoes4it Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started a couple of days ago and I got a book called keto made easy and it has some great recipes for bread that may help you. My friend has tried them I have not yet. One is even done in the microwave, single serving. They use almond flavor. I also found tortilla with 5 net carbs. Good luck, nice to find other doing this program
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Been doing Keto/Low Carb for about 4 months. Best thing that I have ever started. Not only am I losing weight but my inflammation is gone and and my knee pain is minimum! I just started IF too. Love the benefits of this.
  • TiyaaR
    TiyaaR Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That’s great! What have you been eating on Keto?