Ladies, any one else hate mother nature?

Options
So my aunt flo visited me yesterday and I have no will to finish my workout today (which consists of 45 mins of Zumba). Any suggestions for energy (and bloating) during your tom?

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I just treat it like any other day.
  • jfarmer1226
    jfarmer1226 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am the same way during that time of the month...but I just make myself do it anyway....and normally I feel LOTS better afterwards. the working out actually helps the cramps (at least I think so). Even though it's hard because your energy is lower...just force yourself to go and usually once you are there you will be fine. It might help to add in a small dose of caffeine in the afternoon....unless that makes your cramps worse. The good thing is that it's only a couple of days and then you feel back to normal :)
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i just tell myself it's all in my head. pop some ib profin, drink an energy drink, & force myself to workout =] !
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I beat mother nature into submission by finishing and working harder!

And proceed to tell her, she wont tell me when to finish my work out, that I will
  • I just take pain killers if pain is bad, and drink extra water. I did an hour Body Combat tonight with Flo (day one) and kicked *kitten* big time.
    Take evening primrose oil, it is great for moods and keeping you perked up enough to stay away from the take away.
    Exercise makes you feel better.
    If you want to pig out, remember how bloated you feel while Flo is visiting and think "I do NOT want to feel this large all the time, DO NOT PIG OUT!"
    good luck
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    The more you teach yourself to workout through times like this the better you will feel in the long run. Keep hydrated and maybe just got for a brisk walk instead but keep moving.