Eating better as a lifestyle

I’m trying to eat better as a lifestyle not just a diet. Feel free to add me for motivation or support!
Eating “cleanish” with a side of keto/paleo/whatever.
However I do eat packaged items on occasion... More natural the better. I’m only human. :)

Replies

• amy4selflove
    amy4selflove Posts: 19 Member
    I am doing the same. Today is the first day I am trying to follow keto...my goal is to burn off my stomach fat. I have about 40 pounds to lose!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    I changed my eating lifestyle years ago and eat now for fuel not for fun. I don't think of any food as bad and just try to stay within my calories. I don't deprive myself of anything and make things fit using CICO and exercise. Otherwise, I just say no.
    I don't do keto or cut out any food groups as I know that isn't sustainable for me long term.
    Add me if you'd like. My diary is open and I post on my feed maybe once a week.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i eat whatever. i eat ice cream every night but i also try to eat so that most of my calories are nutritious. i only eat between 1200-1400 a day so every calorie counts.
    i cook more because i can squeeze more nutrition out of all the calories. but i also often eat caramel cowtails on saturdays because caramel and cream are delicous
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    This is the only approach for long term success! Keep up the great work!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    All foods in moderation, correct serving sizes, nothing off limits. Just make sure it is weighed, measured and logged correctly. Long term success comes from a way of eating that is sustainable for life, and being able to maintain that way of eating.
    I know that denying myself things I love will lead to a bad place. Been there, done that.

Whatever works for each of us and sustainable is the right way.
  • Stephiesjourney
    Stephiesjourney Posts: 45 Member
    sending a request your way. I can always use more support myself!
  • JessieePoooh
    JessieePoooh Posts: 27 Member
    Hello! I follow a Paleo diet and am currently making a Paleo Recipes book of all the meals I've tried and like. Would love to see and share recipes to find something we haven't tried yet and vice versa!
  • bucksterboo
    bucksterboo Posts: 32 Member
    I am an expert yo-yo dieter. I am currently going down in weight and hope to sustain it this time. I know sugar is my arch enemy and have tried to limit sugar and add more unprocessed foods to my diet. This summer I have been exercising like a crazy person. I work at a high school and have been fortunate to have extra time during the break to devote to my health. Fingers crossed that I can keep up this weight loss trend when work starts and I have to limit my hours of exercise time. Love to add MFP friends, feel free to add me as a friend.
  • GoddessDawg
    GoddessDawg Posts: 6 Member
    I'm trying to transition to Paleo to see if/how it helps me. I have RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) and Sjogren's - basically autoimmune soup - and am looking to conquer that plus my weight (which is far too much). Jessieepoooh I'll be in touch if it seems to work!
  • Butterfly_Lion
    Butterfly_Lion Posts: 10 Member
    Doing the same! Healthy eating as a life style, trying to eat moderate carb (low sugar). 3 weeks down and feeling really good! Add me if you like :smile:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    I never judge anyone...I have NO room to talk....LOL! I also look at my weight loss as a lifestyle change. I have found if you eat healthily, you will actually feel fuller and not miss the food you ate before. Sometimes I don't always want to eat all the things I need to but have to so I don't eat too far below my max calories for the day. You are welcome to add me as a friend. :)
  • Mckee531
    Mckee531 Posts: 1 Member
    Look into the autoimmune protocol (AIP). It’s hard but made a huge difference in my Rheumatoid Arthritis & Fibromyalgia.