Weight loss and exercise tips

Options
I am on a journey to get fit, healthy as also lose weight. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for the past 6 weeks. I have noticed my clothes are getting loose, but the scales aren’t moving. Any tips on meals and snack ideas and most importantly exercise advice would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is down to a calorie deficit, so it doesn't matter how many workouts you do if your food is not under control, log everything honestly, try using a food scale for better accuracy, it's very easy to underestimate food intake and overestimate exercise calorie burns.

• JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    JDi3 wrote: »
    I am on a journey to get fit, healthy as also lose weight. I have been going to the gym 5 days a week for the past 6 weeks. I have noticed my clothes are getting loose, but the scales aren’t moving. Any tips on meals and snack ideas and most importantly exercise advice would be greatly appreciated

But your clothes are getting loose. That's what it is all about right? Not what the scale says. You are doing good.

zu8mhvp581er.jpg
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You don’t mention anything about eating less, which is how you lose weight. Are you counting calories and logging everything with as close to 100% accuracy as possible (i.e. using a food scale)?
  • JDi3
    JDi3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Should have mentioned eating less. I do understand it’s only been 6wks I guess I was hoping to see some changes on the scales on not only my clothing. Thank you JasmijnRF I never thought of it like that.

Can only continue to improve on my journey of fitness, health and weight loss.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, if you are going to the gym that often, you may be gaining muscle as well. That could play a role in not losing weight but noticing your clothes are looser. Perhaps you should start tracking measurements on your body to see more encouraging progress.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you're accurate with your calories then the scale will move eventually.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    most likely water retention in your muscles from exercise is masking fat loss