New here

Options
lybarni
lybarni Posts: 48 Member
Hi all! New here. I’ll be 51 next month and started my fitness journey (I guess as I’m calling it that) 6 weeks ago by just starting to
Walk. I could barely walk a mile and had to sit several times along the way. Since then I’ve joined a gym and have started walking on the treadmill and am now doing walking/running/incline/intervals. I got up to my highest speed the other night at a 4.0 which I thought I’d never be able to do. I’m down 5 lbs since I’ve started and tomorrow night I start my strength training. My overall goal is to lose 35 lbs and run a 5k by marc 1, 2019. Is love to make some new friends to keep be motivated and accountable. So far I’ve been doing pretty well and I’m just hoping I don’t hit any snags along the way. Thanks for having me!

Replies

• bsedzro3
    bsedzro3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is a good start. Healthy living is always a great lifestyle. GL and don’t forget to ask questions. This is a good community for healthy living.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You are doing wel keep with us and good luck
  • lybarni
    Options
    Thanks! Feels good to be in a place to get positive feedback!
  • lybarni
    Options
    Well today I did it feel good to work those muscles! Then I did 3 miles of cardio on the bike. Feeling great! How is everyone else today?
  • esjaygee
    esjaygee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the steps you've taken so far! From barely walking to eyeing up a 5k is great!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You are doing well with those burns, keep it up.