Hey hey hey

Options
so I'm almost 25, have two young wonderful children (3 and 16 mos), and am going through a separation which might ultimately lead to divorce. I just moved from Texas to ca to stay with my parents for awhile. I've lost about 15 lbs before joining. Here ,y parents are awesome and supportive. They are paying for a membership to golds, which is great bc I drop the kids off there and do my thing. I really want to lose weight to find myself again, it's very important I take this time to find myself again. This is a tough time for me.
I'd love to meet ome others!!!

Replies

• Michelle9939
    Options
    Hi! I am sorry you are going through such a hard time right now.
    My name is Michelle. I am 31 year old and have 2 boys.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Yes, make sure to take time for you during this hard time! I know with young kids, it can't be hard to find that time! Glad you have support!
  • ChristalJo
    Options
    I am Christal (CJ) I am 28 and have 2 sons that I am fighting for. I wish you the best!
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, things get hard, adn depression brings us down. I had a friend tell me to get some me time, I think everyone needs me time, adn he is right. I'm 30, looking to loose about 40 pounds. I have 3 cats, and a fiancee, besides a pain in the butt family, I work with, adn they think that my off time should be spent with them also. I keep telling my mom the cord is cut.
  • majowie
    majowie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sorry for you.. I hope everything's gonna be fine for you! I'm sure you can do it!
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and friend requests. I am definitely trying to take time for myself. I'm enrolled in a few courses and using this time to workout and be how I was before baby. I feel alot of my marriage problems include my weight. My husband is as fit as can be is a Brazilian jiujitsu instructor, then there's me ha ha!! I'm glad I get this chance to find myself again
  • ginny1214
    Options
    Not sure if Ny of you have facebook
  • Sharonsimon
    Sharonsimon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that but good for you other people i know would be full of self pity and comfort eat. well done again. im a 32 year old woman with 4 children feel free to add me as a freind for support if you need it
  • rica0111
    rica0111 Posts: 27
    Options
    welcome to MFP! you made the best choice in taking care of yourself! good luck on everything and God bless! :)
  • rica0111
    rica0111 Posts: 27
    Options
    welcome to MFP! you made the best choice in taking care of yourself! good luck on everything and God bless! :)
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi Ginny.... I can relate to part of your situation. While I didn't have any kids - I went thru a separation and divorce by the time I was 25. Don't let the situation consume everything that you have. I let that happen and gained a lot of weight!!! But once I made myself focus on taking care of myself..... a cloud lifted from my shoulders! I'm not saying I didn't hit some speed bumps but I lost 75 lbs, went on some ridiculous dates, but found the true love of my life! Stay focused on taking care of you and the kids and set goals, daily, weekly, monthly for yourself. However you want to do it. Enjoy the California weather and take advantage of you location.

~ Jenny
  • ginny1214
    Options
    sorry to hear that but good for you other people i know would be full of self pity and comfort eat. well done again. im a 32 year old woman with 4 children feel free to add me as a freind for support if you need it

Well a few mos ago that's what I would have done. Lol!! But no more, I'm sick of me and I want to have all e energy in the world to play with my kids
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I would like to pray for each of you going through each situation. I'm Robert pleasure to meet each of you and welcome you to MFP. Here to give support and encouragement!!

Robert or Robby
  • ginny1214
    Options
    Hi Ginny.... I can relate to part of your situation. While I didn't have any kids - I went thru a separation and divorce by the time I was 25. Don't let the situation consume everything that you have. I let that happen and gained a lot of weight!!! But once I made myself focus on taking care of myself..... a cloud lifted from my shoulders! I'm not saying I didn't hit some speed bumps but I lost 75 lbs, went on some ridiculous dates, but found the true love of my life! Stay focused on taking care of you and the kids and set goals, daily, weekly, monthly for yourself. However you want to do it. Enjoy the California weather and take advantage of you location.

~ Jenny

Thanks Jenny!
    I was letting it consume me at first. I've only been here a few weeks and he's still in Texas. I'm hurt that he acts like this is easy, I know he doesn't FEEL that wY but acting is what I see. This was supposed to be a break to both screw our heads on, but has turned into him saying he wants a divorceoveran argument we had. Didn't talk for a few days and he called yesterday and was giving me mixed signals.
    But basically you know just need to focus on myself and all will be figured out in the end:) I hope ha ha