Not eating enough gaining weight

Options
My dilema is im trying to eat the right amount , but at the end of the day im under because im trying to eat healthy, but im full i almost have to overeat to get the right amount of calories, smoothie for breakfast , lunch i eat the most no dinner a snack as im at work 2 eggs protein bar and water, but my scale is,nt moving exercise an hour a day over 50 , Any advice Pleae Help

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Run through the decision map. What would you try next?
  • shellyferguson14
    shellyferguson14 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i should clarify ive been between 145 and 151 for over 3 yrs
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you gained? How tall are you?
  • chyurkovic
    chyurkovic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Consider your qualify of life. Any stress at home or work? That can be a contributing factor. How long have you been monitoring your diet and exercise. It does take a bit longer for females to see any weight loss, but if you are exercising, you should see reduction in body measurement ~30-days. Also, consider what type of exercising regime you are doing.
  • shellyferguson14
    Options
    6 pounds it keeps going up to 151 and down to 145 5'2 for 3 yrs now
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale to weigh everything that passes your lips?
  • shellyferguson14
    Options
    no but i count every thing that goes in my mouth including water i even add extra just in case
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you've been in the same zone for that long, you need to eat less.
  • shellyferguson14
    Options
    1 cup of smoothie 2 cups of mixed veggies with 1 chicken thigh cooked in a Crock pot with onion 2 large eggs 1 graze lemon flap jack 1 serving of Welch fruit snacks for 6 days every week for 6 days i eat the same thing similar to veggies and meat cooked in a Crock pot smoothie ever day , taking meds for hypothyroidism
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    no but i count every thing that goes in my mouth including water i even add extra just in case

you're eating more than you think
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    With hypothyroidism the weightloss is slower. You need to be patient and start weighing everything.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Gotta use a food scale whoever possible. Recently I used my scale to weigh something I had calculated some time ago with a measuring cup.

I’d been undercounting breakfast 30% a long time.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    With hypothyroidism the weightloss is slower. You need to be patient and start weighing everything.

I think untreated it only lowers TDEE by about 5%. But if the OP is on the correct medication dosage for her thyroid then it has zero effect on weightloss.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    xxzenabxx wrote: »

I think untreated it only lowers TDEE by about 5%. But if the OP is on the correct medication dosage for her thyroid then it has zero effect on weightloss.

This is an analogy at best. My black lab gained several pounds rather quickly, was diagnosed with no thyroid, went on meds, lost 6 pounds within 6 weeks. This is with no change in diet or exercise. As a dog, she wasn't able to make excuses. She's now at a healthy weight and has way more energy for hiking and playing with our new pup. I know with people it takes awhile to get the right dosage of thyroid meds, apparently not a easy as with a dog, but like @malibu927 said, if op's meds are right, the only reason she can't lose is she's eating too much.
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    At the risk of being redundant...Food scale!!