trucker needs guidance

Options
Hello peeps
I am on the road all day and live in the truck all week, i have no idea of dieting or what to eat i can only cook by microwave and need all the help i can find on what to eat i am also thinking of intermittent dieting all repllies would most welcome

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you just have to eat less. You can eat less of anything. Intermittent fasting just means not eating all the time.
  • redphil55
    redphil55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reply i really dont eat a lot im probably just eating the wrong things at the wrong time still trying to find out how many calories i should be eating
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You must be (or have been) eating too much in order to be overweight.
    There are no wrong (or right) things to eat. All foods can be eaten in moderation.
    There is no right or wrong time to eat.
    MFP gave you a calorie target at startup. You decide what to eat, and whether to stick to that amount of calories.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Nice article from Men's Health on diet and exercise lifestyle for drivers.

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a19534152/on-the-road-fitness/
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    My son is a trucker. He bought himself a little fridge, maybe a bit like a beer fridge or something like that. He made meals for all week (I don't actually know what he made but probably things that go in one container) then he could microwave it for his main meal. I know it is very difficult, he put loads of weight on stoppkng at truck stops but he managed to get it back off. You just have to be more organised for the whole week. If he didn't make his meals, the diet went out of the window and he was back in truck stops. It can be done
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Have you put your stats into MFP? It will come up with the number of calories you need. The data base has most things listed but not always accurately. Having said that, I have lost 44lbs using the data base and MFP recommendations so it can't be too far out. Just judge for yourself.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    With that profile pic, and as a staunch United fan, it would be unethical for me to help you :D
  • jsb0726
    jsb0726 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Would your truck support an air fryer being plugged in?
  • kdillon606
    kdillon606 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't cook very often as I am just one person most of the time. I find things that can be eaten as is can be really helpful. For me that means a lot of fruits and vegetables as they are because its easy and I don't have to do anything to them except for add a bit of salt or sometimes peanut butter depending on what it is. Whole cucumber, celery and the like.

But the mini fridge idea would REALLY help so you can bring healthier prepackaged meals with you to the truck stops and just heat them up there.
  • redphil55
    redphil55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replies, i have been off on holiday for 2 weeks back in sunday, i have a fridge and microwave in truck so am looking for suggestions for pre-cooked meals to take with me cheers
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    With that profile pic, and as a staunch United fan, it would be unethical for me to help you :D

At least his team plays entertaining football 😂😂
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    First of all, log your stats into MFP and it will give you a calorie goal. Figure out what a real serving size looks like - a chicken portion is the size of a deck of cards, etc, and then eat what you want, but watch your portion size. I know you probably lean towards prepackaged food that you can microwave, but there is no reason that you can't "prepackage" your own food and pop it in the microwave on the road Remember to eat 3 meals a day (one breakfast I love is 1/2 cup of oatmeal, blueberries and some cinnamon). Have healthy snacks like fruit and vegetables and hummus or salsa. I find that spices and herbs add an element of interest to food, so you are not eating the same old boring tastes all the time. Good luck to you!!