Success with Curves anyone?

Options
I recently joined curves and was wondering if anyone had any great results with the program. I can see how the routine can become monotonous but I also can visualize positive results coming from following the program.

Replies

• nomorexcuses
    nomorexcuses Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I recently joined curves and was wondering if anyone had any great results with the program. I can see how the routine can become monotonous but I also can visualize positive results coming from following the program.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I went for a long time and like it cause it's so quick. I have just read recently that a lot of their machines are not good for your joints. :huh:
  • AllieD
    AllieD Posts: 35
    Options
    i use to go awhile ago and did lose weight and inches with it. I am also a member again now and I do like it and it does work, however I have not gone in 2 weeks because I was sick. But I really liked it.
  • lretcheson
    Options
    I used to work there and everyone who came in loved it...I know a few gals who lost at least 50 pounds, but they were also really committed and were regulars there, along with healthy eating I'm sure.
    As for the machines and your joints...I can't see how that would be, since they are resistant machines...you get out of them what you put into them...which makes them pretty safe, unlike free weights...if they aren't good for you, I don't know what machine would be...but I don't know where you got that information...

I hope you enjoy it though...I think the atmosphere is pretty awesome there!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i like it! you have to be committed and really pust thru each workout. my curves has 'curves smart' which tracks your progress and tells you how many calories you burn.

i have heard it is possible for your body to get used to the same workout all the time. for this reason, i personally plan to add some challenges at home - like the 100 sit up and push up challenge. i plan to start this in march.

i get weighed and measured next week. i have gone to curves 4 days a week since 1/26/08. interested to see my results for this month and dont want to add anything until then. only because i am trying to decide to stay at curves or join a regular gym (my membership is up in march). if i like the results after one stong month on MFP and consistant workouts, I am staying!!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Curves is amazing! I've been going for several years. When I focus on eating healthy I lose. But even when I don't eat as I should, Curves keeps me just that much more healthy & strong than I would be otherwise.
    Great atmosphere - low pressure from the super workout crowd - always positive. I highly recommend it.
  • Coltom
    Coltom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I joined curves and worked out 3-4 days a week. Everything I owned fit better. Just remember
    to stay in your target zone for heart rate. I didn't loose weight but I firmed up everything, arms, butt, stomache.....i stood straighter and felt generally better over all. It should be a positive experience for you. be consistent, go even when you don't want to..... be happy and enjoy the upbeat music.:happy:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty excited today.
    I go to Curves after work, so my weight is never as low as at home early in the morning....well today....I had my monthly weigh in & I lost 8 # & 10 inches!
    wahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: