Any of you take a daily multivitamin?

Options
I'm about to run to Walmart and I'm tempted to pick up a women's one-a-day. I'm just afraid that I may not getting all of the nutrients I need.
What do you think?
I'm 21, 5'7" and 148 lb. if that means anything to the topic.

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, Omega 3-6-9, B100 complex, B12, Vitamin D and potassium....lol
  • Valechka
    Valechka Posts: 192
    Options
    I take it on occasion, women's daily from pomology
  • BekaBear2010
    Options
    I take One A Day All Day Energy, and I LOVE it. I'm not kidding, on the days I forget to take it, I can totally notice a difference. The days I do take it, I can clean the house, do the laundry, grocery shop, spend a few hours online, have quality time with my husband, and throw in a few extras...its amazing. I've been taking it for I think 2 years now....you should see me on the days where I forget to take it.....wild horses couldn't drag me up to do a thing...

Rebecca
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    I take a multivitamin, Omega 3-6-9, B100 complex, B12, Vitamin D and potassium....lol
    Good lawwwd! :P
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have found that mult-vitamins make a huge difference for me. I can literally feel the difference in energy from when I take it and when I don't. if you have never taken one, make sure that you take it with food, and take it at the same time each day .. best time is usually the morning. You won't see any difference for the first 2-4 weeks but it does make a big difference! I also take Omega-3's in addition to the multi.
  • scarletfever2005
    scarletfever2005 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I take a gnc vitamin. The walmart ones made me sick at my stomach. They were the generic equate ones
  • SmellyMelly13
    Options
    I take one everyday! I know when I'm eating restricted calories there's no way I'm possibly getting everything I need, even when I'm eating regularly I'm pretty sure I'm not getting them all. Besides, can't hurt right?

I also take an Omega 3-6-9, a vitamin B complex (don't know which one) and a vitamin D and potassium (these two mostly because I'm lactose intolerant)
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    I have found that mult-vitamins make a huge difference for me. I can literally feel the difference in energy from when I take it and when I don't. if you have never taken one, make sure that you take it with food, and take it at the same time each day .. best time is usually the morning. You won't see any difference for the first 2-4 weeks but it does make a big difference! I also take Omega-3's in addition to the multi.
    Yeah! That's what I'm looking to get out of it. The energy as well. (: I'll prolly take it right after my bowl of cereal. :)
  • crystalmichelle82
    Options
    i took that one and it wasnt that good. i order Activit Bony toning multi vitamin from Beachbody, they also have one for metabolism but i want the body toning one b/c i work out a lot.
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    I take one everyday! I know when I'm eating restricted calories there's no way I'm possibly getting everything I need, even when I'm eating regularly I'm pretty sure I'm not getting them all. Besides, can't hurt right?

I also take an Omega 3-6-9, a vitamin B complex (don't know which one) and a vitamin D and potassium (these two mostly because I'm lactose intolerant)
    Awesome! Yeah I'm thinking the same with the whole portion control and restrictions. I NEVER eat seafood so I know I'm missing out on the omega 3s.

Well, thanks guys! Feel free to add me, I'm off to wally worldddddddd :P
  • McHeather
    McHeather Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Maybe check with your doctor first. My doc recommends multivitamin, calcium/magnesium plus a D. Do some research to find out how much you need. I take a multivitamin two a day (more expensive with no weird stuff that doesn't need to be there) and better to spread your vitamins over the day. I take a cal/mag and a D 3 times a day. But that's to keep my mood stabilized. When my mood is stabilized I'm less prone to cravings and bingeing.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Also try to find some without so many "filers" ... I think Wal-mart now sells these little daily packets that include everything you need if you are a woman and they have under 50 and over 50. The B vitamins are great for energy .. I actually get straight B vitamin shots sometimes to boost my weekly energy! Lol.
  • greatdragon
    Options
    Multivitamin, B100 complex, Vitamin D, Cinnamon, Niacin, Ginkgo Biloba, Korean Panax Ginseng, Magnesium and potassium. All suggested by my Doctor. talk to them before you play around with anything.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I take a women’s multivitamin, Glucosamine, & Omega3 Fish Oil. (I run.)
  • johnjospeh
    Options
    Almost in our family take multivitamins and omega 3 fish oil. For your concern, try the one that my elder sister is taking for almost 5 months now. The MX Women's Multi-vitamins. It will give you nutritional support for health and vitality bec. it' contains of essential vitamins and minerals, plus specific nutrients for women's health. I hope it's available in Walmart so you can check out for it.