A bit confused!

Options
I have been following a slimming world diet and successfully lost 1st 10lb and kept it off for two years.
I am trying to lose 7lbs that I put onnon holiday recently for a wedding at the beginning of September, so followed other sw members who use mfp.
I am totally logging every morsel that passes my lips, and can’t believe that I can eat as much and still stay within my 1,200 calories set.
Has anybody else found they are eating more than normal??
Thank you.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are selecting the correct entries from the database (some are wrong).
    Depending on how you are judging your portion sizes, you might be logging less than you are actually eating (eyeballing is the least accurate way to judge how much you are eating).
    Consider the foods you are eating. Is it mostly low calorie foods?
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    1,200 calories is not a lot of food, I’d strongly consider that you may be miscalculating calories if you’re feeling like you’re eating so much.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    What the others above said plus depends for how long you've been doing it. If it's just several days on 1200, then that's normal. But your body will eventually want to balance out so you will get hungry for more than 1200.
    People who maintain and don't count also eat sometimes a little too little and sometimes a litter more. It is normal.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :)
    To make sure you are eating 1200 cals weigh your food, all of it, everything that passes your lips, on a digital food scale.
    Check your food against packages, mfg websites, and the USDA database.

Logging is good, but accurate logging will get you to your goal.

If you are only looking to lose ~7lbs set your goal at 0.5lbs a week. You don't have enough fat to lose faster and don't want to compromise your muscle retention.

Cheers, h.
  • bellalou1
    bellalou1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your very helpful comments.
    I did reply earlier but it got lost in cyberspace!!!!
    I am weighing every morsel and using the scanner. Even logging wee cups of tea.
    Hopefully it will be ok. I have lost 1lb in the days I have been logging( 5) so I suppose I can’t be over eating!! X
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    SW does seem to give a lot of bulk foods for few calories, it is possible to eat an awful lot of fruit and veg for 1200 calories!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Yes, double check what you are logging because not all entries are correct. Glad to hear you are still making progress.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    5 days is not enough time to judge anything. Stick with it and be patient.