Frustrating... What to do?

Options
What do you do, when your sick & don't want to eat? People tell you that it's not healthy or you want lose weight... Any help?

Replies

• moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    What do you do, when your sick & don't want to eat? People tell you that it's not healthy or you want lose weight... Any help?
    Soup, smoothies, ensures
  • stfpa
    stfpa Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just don’t eat, people naturally eat less calories some days so it’s normal. Use the opportunity to eat some extra calories when you feel better if you want
  • counting_kilojoules
    counting_kilojoules Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It depends a lot on how long it's going on for. If it's just a couple of days I wouldn't worry, just make sure to get plenty of fluids. However, I was unwell for over a month and didn't want to eat much during that time. Mostly I tried to make sure I was eating nutrient rich food and also higher calorie food when I did eat. I still lost more weight more quickly than I would have liked but it could have been worse.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Stop listening to people who say things like "you won't lose weight if you don't eat".
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about weight loss when I'm sick. I eat what I feel hungry for ... usually things like soup and crackers.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i always listen to my body. if im not hungry, i dont eat.

i wish i were not hungry more often ;) lolololololol

seriously though, a few days of a cold or flu and little to eat wont hurt you. youll lose weight yes (mostly water weight, really) but once you begin eating again, its likely youll gain most of it back.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Rest, relax, don't eat if you don't want to. What you do while you're sick for a short period of time isn't a big deal.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    When you're sick (or injured) - heal, recover, get better. Ignore the diet (recovery is more important). That includes eating under or over.

I recently had surgery. The day of my surgery, I didn't even have 500 calories (had to add fake calories just to close out my day), the following day, I made up for it as I was so hungry and ate about 3000 calories (my maintenance is 1850).

Going under one or two days because of illness (or other medical reasons injury/surgery) isn't going to harm you.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Liquids.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Don't listen to people/ people on the internet and listen to your body. Everyone has an uneducated opinion about everything these days. The only people I listen to is my doctor (cause dude has my medical history and blood work and all) and my body. I recommend you do the same (listen to me lol)

When you're on the forms long enough or even on FB, people are always asking for others opinions about anything, what they're truly looking for is someone to agree with the decision they've already made to justify what they already want to do.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options

Don't listen to people/ people on the internet and listen to your body. Everyone has an uneducated opinion about everything these days. The only people I listen to is my doctor (cause dude has my medical history and blood work and all) and my body. I recommend you do the same (listen to me lol)

When you're on the forms long enough or even on FB, people are always asking for others opinions about anything, what they're truly looking for is someone to agree with the decision they've already made to justify what they already want to do.
    Fair play on your advice, although OP asked what others do, not what we think he should do.
  • summersongfox
    summersongfox Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat less, but I do still try to take something in because I feel worse longer if I don't eat anything the whole day. Actually, I keep some Soylent on hand specifically for the days I feel nauseous because I know I can usually make it through about a half a bottle at anytime and that most of the time my body will keep it down. It think it works because it just doesn't have a strong scent or taste and is already in about the easiest to process form your food could be.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »

Fair play on your advice, although OP asked what others do, not what we think he should do.
    Frustrating... What to do? and Any help? sounds just like "what should I do" to me.