Best part about exercising?

Options
I know, I know, we're all trying to get healthy and be there for our kids and look sexy but sometimes that's to much to think about. I can get overwhelmed and unmotivated so I often try and think about other small pleasant parts of exercising, such as

1) Taking a hot shower after sweating it out

2) Feeling the sun and wind on my face while walking the dogs

What other things do you like about exercising?

Replies

• Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Listening to music and jammin' out, taking time for ME!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I mentioned this earlier today on a post, but my favorite thing is how I can get back from a good run and immediately think, I could go for a run! Exhilarating!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Knowing how great i'm going to feel after, and that every workout i can do more than the one before!
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    That feeling when I'm about 5 minutes from the end of my run, and I think, hell yeah, I'm going to finish this without walking!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    How great I feel and when I start seeing results it makes it all worth it!
  • YeOldeLancer
    Options
    I get a feeling of euphoria after i'm done exercising. it's hard to explain. it's a feeling like "I just did that and I know it's leading to a healthier me." I know it sounds cheesy but it's true :)
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like that your profile pic is a beer and a burger. Makes my day :)

Back to your original question: What's the best part about excercising?

- I am getting to the point I am doing my dog-walking-route faster and can run in slightly longer intervals (about 3 minutes, 4 if I pace myself better). I'm kicking my own *kitten*!!

- I get to check out other people's yards and get ideas for my own

- My dog is happier and minds me better if we go on regular walks/runs. This bit actually is pretty much the only thing that can make me feel super guilty about missing a walk :cry:

- Taking a cold shower after walking/running...I'm in TX and it's 100ish when I go for my walks, even at 8PM. There's no hot water involved afterwards. Playing with my doggy in the sprinkler in the yard is also fun, but my neighbors look at me like I'm a dork if I do that.

- I sleep through the night if I work out. If not, I don't. Waking up at 3 or 4 AM when you have to get up at 7:30 to work an 8 hr day, detail-oriented day SUCKS.

Keep in mind - all of these are brand new-to-me things. When I first started MFP in May I was all, "I don't like excercise!! There's so much other stuff that I could be doing! This is such a waste of time!!!" and now I'm getting to be one of those crazy people who if I don't get a walk or something in I'm all antsy and wired in the evenings.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am vain..I like lifting more than everyone else in the gym..
  • pixidaisy
    Options
    Being able to fall asleep earlier, stay asleep all night and wake up feeling refreshed.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Release of stress, raised endorphins and having the ability to run with my kid.
  • EJanine
    EJanine Posts: 23
    Options
    I love the runners high that I get from running and how energized I become once my body warms up. Also, each day I feel much stronger than the previous day and this makes all my effort worthwile. Forget what the scale says, it's about how I feel!
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hmm... It's a toss up between how great I feel afterward and the fact that I get to eat more. I'm addicted to food, which is how i got this way to begin with, and I just ate the BEST peach I have ever tasted after finishing my workout!
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    Sweating like a horse (I'm gross- I love to sweat) and the burn in my muscles afterwards.
    Also getting to eat more. That's pretty great too!
  • jmott27
    jmott27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Being done!
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    These are all great! I also really appreciate sleeping better and that high after a good workout. At first I thought it might the THC from college seeping out of my fat cells but good to know, it's probably not ;)

RissaDean-
    I'm in TX too, way down south but I'm formally a Canadian and I still like really hot showers no matter the temp. Sometimes I will yield and finish with a cold burst. Whew! Talk about refreshing.

I also feel ya about the pups. That face is just too much. "Please? Please mom? We really want to go"

I would also like to add walking the dogs on cold days in the winter. Brrrrrrr, I like call is frisky dog weather when it gets below 60.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    When it's done?

No seriously, when I finally master the move (skating)...steps, posture, arm position, edge control
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I like that your profile pic is a beer and a burger. Makes my day :)

Back to your original question: What's the best part about excercising?

- I am getting to the point I am doing my dog-walking-route faster and can run in slightly longer intervals (about 3 minutes, 4 if I pace myself better). I'm kicking my own *kitten*!!

- I get to check out other people's yards and get ideas for my own

- My dog is happier and minds me better if we go on regular walks/runs. This bit actually is pretty much the only thing that can make me feel super guilty about missing a walk :cry:

- Taking a cold shower after walking/running...I'm in TX and it's 100ish when I go for my walks, even at 8PM. There's no hot water involved afterwards. Playing with my doggy in the sprinkler in the yard is also fun, but my neighbors look at me like I'm a dork if I do that.

- I sleep through the night if I work out. If not, I don't. Waking up at 3 or 4 AM when you have to get up at 7:30 to work an 8 hr day, detail-oriented day SUCKS.

Keep in mind - all of these are brand new-to-me things. When I first started MFP in May I was all, "I don't like excercise!! There's so much other stuff that I could be doing! This is such a waste of time!!!" and now I'm getting to be one of those crazy people who if I don't get a walk or something in I'm all antsy and wired in the evenings.

This!!! I can relate to everything from the dogs to being able to sleep well at night. My dogs get excited when they see me in my workout gear because they know the leashes are coming out! LOL
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    THERE IS NO DRAMA IN EXERCISE!!!! I only find happiness when I am working out, relieve stress and focus on me and meeting small goals. Drama is left behind when I enter the gym!
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This!!! I can relate to everything from the dogs to being able to sleep well at night. My dogs get excited when they see me in my workout gear because they know the leashes are coming out! LOL

Hahaha YES! My silly dog won't hardly let me put my shoes and socks on once he realizes we're going for a walk. He has to put his head directly in my lap like, "Hey! I know you're leaving - and going somewhere super duper fun - don't forget about me! Hey hey hey I'm still here! Why aren't your shoes on yet? We need to go!!"
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    Endorphins... sex, chocolate and exercise.. they say they are all similar haha. And feeling tight afterward, or the next day.. best feeling ever! I also sleep better on days I get physical.