51.8 pounds down in 4 months

AlyssaP1987
AlyssaP1987 Posts: 259 Member
edited August 2018 in Success Stories
dcq6okulq7sc.jpg
This is so extremely hard for me to post. I hid from the public for years. I have yo yo dieted my whole life. I even battled anorexia at age 19. 4 months ago I turned 31 and I was at my highest weight in my life. I decided I was sick of hating myself. I had gained 80 pounds in a 3 year period due to stress of work and the stress of my ex husband who 10 years after me leaving him due to him being abusive, still hurt me by using my son against me.

I decided enough was enough. I needed to change. I found Keto and haven't looked back. 3 days in and I was hooked. I never felt so good in my entire life. I realized I have been addicted to carbs my whole life. As soon as they left my body, I felt better, slept better, lost all cravings, stopped having constant stomach aches and so much more. I started 4 months ago TODAY! Down 51.8 pounds, 3 pant sizes and 3 shirt sizes. Crazy! I am still 30 pounds away from my goal weight, but the best thing that has came from this is that finally the after 31 years of life, finally have learned to love myself. That speaks volumes for me, at 120 pounds I still thought I was morbidly obese, so for me to love myself now, when I am not even close to that says so much for me. I realized no matter what weight I have ever been, I have stayed me. I am a loving mother, a great wife, a dedicated worker, a smart woman with a degree in Psychology and a loving 4th grade teacher who has dedicated my life helping kids to grow up learning to love themselves and not let bullies get to them like I did(I was bullied my whole childhood which is what led to my prior anorexia). My weight has only ever mattered to me (oh and my abusive ex husband). But I am never ever letting it hold me back again. I am never going back to eating how I did before. I plan on staying keto for life. I truly have never felt so good and truly do not miss those foods. I have found so many new keto approved foods I love. Whatever works for you, stick to it. The most important thing is willpower and making a personal choice not to cheat. Its all in your head. ♡ So proud of me!

Replies

• missbutton82
    missbutton82 Posts: 151 Member
    You are beautiful. Way to go! I look forward to loving myself, thank you for posting this.
  • neeciejean3
    neeciejean3 Posts: 22 Member
    Congratulations that's great! You look wonderful!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    An amazing loss in that time! Glad happiness is now yours
  • Floatingpencil
    Floatingpencil Posts: 25 Member
    You look fantastic - and I absolutely love that dress!
  • CindyBear66
    CindyBear66 Posts: 5 Member
    You look fantastic! I commend you for changing your life in so many positive ways, wishing you all the best!
  • hjsportsed1
    hjsportsed1 Posts: 52 Member
    Great job!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    You look awesome!! This is SO motivating. I started Keto 11 days ago and am 11 lbs down as of now. I would like to lose 50-55 lbs and this is so amazing to see. You look great and I'm glad that you are learning to love yourself during this process. Best of luck to you :smile:
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    You did AMAZING and look good! I'm also seriously in love with your top and want one myself.
  • SpunkyJK9293
    SpunkyJK9293 Posts: 17 Member
    You are an amazing role model to all of us. You look so beautiful and should love yourself. I to had an abusive exhusband that contributed to me not liking myself and overeating. So proud of you I would love to be friends if its cool with you.
  • JustMeandZ
    JustMeandZ Posts: 45 Member
    You look amazing! Congratulations!!!
  • heymossy
    heymossy Posts: 107 Member
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your journey. You've made incredible progress.
  • danweb4545
    danweb4545 Posts: 24 Member
    That is an amazing transformation!!
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    You look amazing great weight loss in that time any tips?
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    wonderful job- well done- congrats
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    You look wonderful - like a completely different person. You must be so pleased with yourself, since you took control and did something about your weight. Congratulations.
  • Nikeolie
    Nikeolie Posts: 52 Member
    Amazing job!!
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    You've smashed it. Go you! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
  • poolplayer67
    poolplayer67 Posts: 18 Member
    Awesome job. You look great :)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Keto is different for everybody. I have been doing it for 5 months and have lost only 15 lbs, but I am older with other health issues. Everybody is different and others shouldn't except the same results.

You have done great job, you should be proud of yourself and love yourself even more!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!