What's your excuse?

Options

Replies

• angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    on my period : /

I always try to use this one but my conscious (my husband and my child) tell me to drive straight to the gym. :grumble:
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My excuse: I have worked out ten days in a row with no rest day, and I can't bear the thought of getting into that overchlorinated 82 degree geriatric YMCA pool for another swim workout. I am also feeling really tired and weak. So I'mma relax and recover today.

You should always have at least one recovery day a week! :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Today I used the excuse that I wasn't going to workout because there are too many boxes in my room. There really were, if I was going to do the Shred, but thinking about it now, I could have pulled the stationary bike out of the chaos. At least I went for a small hike/walk this afternoon.
    "I'm on MFP too much of the time to actually put a burn in."
    Me too, but it stops me from eating!! :glasses:
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Mommy makeover surgery 11 days ago. 9 more days before I'm even allowed to *walk* on a treadmill; another month before I'm restriction-free. But I still feel like a slacking p.o.s. SAHM who didn't get sh!+ accomplished today including picking up my 17 month old daughter or cleaning or cooking a darn thing :(
  • brenda_allport
    Options
    My excuse was mother nature...We were getting hit with the outer bands of hurricane Irene and I refused to go anywhere.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    The Great Clock Conspiracy of 2011. Quite obviously the cell phone company and the cable company are in cahoots. They messed with the time on my phone and my cable box so that 5 a.m. showed up much sooner than it was actually due. It is not possible that it had been 7 hours since I went to bed. And, furthermore, there is NO WAY that I got a full 10 minutes after hitting that snooze button.:wink:

Dreadmill done, off to do my Jillian Michaels
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    My excuse is not having the time!

I figured out a way to squeeze in workouts, 1/2 hour (30ds) before I get ready for work, 1/2 hour (walking around the track) prior to my son's football practice (I don't want to miss him practicing), then after the kids are settled another 1/2 hour (swimming).

I woke up late this morning, so I didn't get my morning workout in. :sad:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Today my excuse is my leg where I pulled my muscle is bothering me still so I took a break from working out yesterday and today. Hopefully it will help.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    For the last week I haven't had time :ohwell: I've been at home after 10 pm almost every night and have to be at work at 9 am (at latest), so.. Surely, the reason why I get home after 10 pm is riding/grooming a horse, so it's sort of like exercise :laugh:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    But it's Saturday and I don't wanna!

I got past this reason with the same argument that I use on my children when they say stuff like that, "You don't have to want to, you just have to do it!"
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I'm not making excuses for myself anymore. That's all I've done for years and years, and I'm finally at the point where I want to do this (get a healthy and fit body) so bad I won't allow myself to get off track. Hope that doesn't sound too pious, I'm just really, really committed to doing this now! :smile:

you don't sound too pious. I think that is an awesome attitude! I have this little inner child who loves to make excuses on why we can't do things or why we shouldn't have to. Sometimes when I'm here, I see so many dedicated and amazing people. I just wondered if anyone else was making ridiculous excuses like mine. The nuttier Cricket's excuses are, the funner they are to work through.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I have a cold? I'm too tired and lazy? I'd rather eat sick food and watch TV :laugh:

For real, i did do a few workouts..mostly low impact, took a 15 minute walk--did a low impact dance workout and boxed it out on my Wii. It was fun and sweaty! :happy:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i was walking all over san francisco the past few days, so i deserve to eat a bucket of ice-cream xD
  • CricketKate
    Options
    But it's Monday. We don't have to go anywhere today so I can exercise later.

Whew, I almost had myself convinced with that one. I had to remind myself of how I felt when i had to exercise yesterday afternoon because I didn't get up and do it early.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday, so it is absolutely unreasonable to expect me to do good today. I should be able to curl up with a good book and relax.

I haven't busted that excuse yet this morning, but I will.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I was on vacation...

That is my excuse! Boy, did I take advantage too!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday, so it is absolutely unreasonable to expect me to do good today. I should be able to curl up with a good book and relax.

I haven't busted that excuse yet this morning, but I will.

Well, I got through and finally did my exercise. I hate getting up at 5 but I really like facing my day knowing that it is done. Maybe tomorrow I'll do better.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    My excuse today was a hard one to get through.: Although I worked out over the weekend, I didn't get any laundry done. So this morning, when I couldn't sleep and thought I had just as well get up and exercise, I talked myself out of it because I didn't want to put on my gross exercise clothes. Several hours (and a few loads of laundry) later, my workout is done and my exercise clothes are gross again.
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    The dog ate my gym membership
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I was looking for something in am old thread and stumbled across this one.

Post-Cancer and a couple of hip surgeries, my excuse is that I'm tired and exercise hurts. But I will try to do something.