When will I start seeing the weight I lost?

Options
Lost 10 lbs but don't see the difference.

Replies

• prettyshambolic
    prettyshambolic Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually notice a difference every 15-20 lbs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you have to lose. 10Lbs wouldn't be particularly noticeable on someone who had, say 100 Lbs to lose...it would be quite noticeable on someone who was already relatively lean and getting leaner.

It's also going to depend on fat distribution.

Also, you look at yourself daily...changes are slow and subtle...when you're looking at yourself everyday, it's hard to notice...pictures are good.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Whats 10lbs in regards to what total?
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I have 50 total to lose. 15lbs was noticeable to others.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It took me about 25-30 pounds (from 248 pounds to start with) to notice. It's different for everyone.
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said, we look in the mirror every day and don't see the changes day to day. But if you take pictures maybe weekly you'll probably see a difference! I look at myself after losing a few pounds and wonder why I'm still fat. lol It takes time for the weight to come off and even longer for us to really see the difference.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    When you find it again? :D

When we see ourselves every day it can be difficult to notice changes - id recommend getting someone to take pictures for you (in underwear gives the best idea) monthly, front back and side views, for you to compare.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,760 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You should take measurements, I don’t notice the changes very much in myself but sure notice those numbers getting
    smaller!
    To answer your question except my face I don’t see a noticeable difference at my 20 lb loss. I know it’s happened though because I had to get rid of some pants.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    When you find it again? :D

When we see ourselves every day it can be difficult to notice changes - id recommend getting someone to take pictures for you (in underwear gives the best idea) monthly, front back and side views, for you to compare.

^ This.

If you're expecting to see it in the mirror, it will probably be quite a while before you notice the difference. The change happens gradually enough that it's hard to notice when we see ourselves every day. As @livingleanlivingclean said, monthly progress photos will give you a better look at it.