ww points??

Options
Any weightwatcher peeps out there?? I need some ideas!! I can have 25points a day and I want to start tomorrow! I need ideas though!

Replies

• Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As a lifetimer for WW, I will tell you this. I just cancelled my subscription to the online plan. Since I started MFP, I found it almost IMPOSSIBLE to do both programs. Mind you, I did WW for almost 3 years and since the change over to the PP version, I havent moved..Held my weight for the last 6-7 months but since counting calories (which is what the old version of WW incorporated in the points values) I have dropped weight and inches. Wish I could help, but I wanted you to know and be ready for the battle between programs. Best of luck :)
  • nikki2609
    nikki2609 Posts: 128
    Options
    hi, i too started online ww recently (last thursday), so far so good and i have 29 daily points. im using it alongside mfp so i can keep tally on my calorie intake as well as the points as i dont fully understand how it is going to work (until i see some weight loss that is!)
    feel free to add me if you would like a friend in the same boat ;0)
    good luck x
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I was attempting to do WW with fitpal, but have sinced dropped the points. I prefer to focus on one program. The being said, this website is awesome. http://www.skinnytaste.com/ She lists calories and point values for each recipe,.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I am currently a WW Lifetime member and I use this site. I found I got stalled (and gained) with the new WW PointsPlus program, but I now know (thanks to MFP) that I was eating way too many points (was over indulging in the Weekly Points, which was worked fine for me on the old program, but not with the new program).

I LOVE counting calories.... but I also LOVE WW! For me WW is my base because I enjoy the meetings, like everything they teach (Good Health Guidelines, exercising, drinking water, etc) and MFP is useful for food tracking portion since it's more precise.

Which ever way you go... just remember it's all about "calories in, calories out" or "points in, points out." LOL

Good luck and have fun!!
  • shashaz2002
    Options
    I have been a lifetime member of WWers for 4 years now this past May, but ever since they have changed the program I have had a problem, I have gained 5 pounds.. I've complained to WWers Corporate office and to my leader that this program isn't working for me (one that only needs to maintain weight) and they think I am following the program wrong. I've been a member of weight watchers for 10 years, and lost 80 pounds, I think I know how the program works, and I have always had success with them, even when it was 123 success, then winning points, flex plan, ect... they have changed it numerous times and I never had a problem.

Though I am still going to sit in my meeting for free, because I am still 14 pounds "under" their goal, I am mainly going to just log onto MFP and track my calories...

PS ..I am not the only WWer member that is at goal that is gaining weight, it seems to be happening to alot of people.
  • Penelope_373
    Penelope_373 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been a lifetime member of WWers for 4 years now this past May, but ever since they have changed the program I have had a problem, I have gained 5 pounds.. I've complained to WWers Corporate office and to my leader that this program isn't working for me (one that only needs to maintain weight) and they think I am following the program wrong. I've been a member of weight watchers for 10 years, and lost 80 pounds, I think I know how the program works, and I have always had success with them, even when it was 123 success, then winning points, flex plan, ect... they have changed it numerous times and I never had a problem.

Though I am still going to sit in my meeting for free, because I am still 14 pounds "under" their goal, I am mainly going to just log onto MFP and track my calories...

PS ..I am not the only WWer member that is at goal that is gaining weight, it seems to be happening to alot of people.
  • Penelope_373
    Penelope_373 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

oops...lets try this again...

I couldn't agree more. I was on WW for a few years and the PP just did not work for me. I could not get throught my platuea no matter what I tried so I stopped tracking and ended up gaining 20 of my loss back UGGHHHH! I love MFP. Sorry to the original poster, I have no clue what to tell you. If it were me, I would just use the MFP site and see how it goes. It seems to have the same scientific background as WW, but is so much easier to use and track. Good luck.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    hello

i also did much better on the old ww system. when it changed to the new pp i put on weight. i have since given up following ww and just use this site instead.

but you should not be lower than 29 points!

try some frozen grapes, fat free yogurts and swap over to ww bread, 1 cal oil sprays and light marg ect. that will keep your points down.

good luck

:flowerforyou:
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    How can you get only 25 points when the minimum is 29?
  • shashaz2002
    Options
    I wish that WW Corporate would listen to it's members, but they won't. Because I love my meetings, I just think they need to have 2 programs, one for losers and one for maintainers...
  • amandarada
    amandarada Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was on weight watchers for two years and on the old program lost over 50 lbs, on the new program ive gained almost all of it back.....I hate PP which is why i now do this. This is only my second week but i enjoy this so much more then the points, so much so that i will be stopping my online membership today.
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    Hmmm.... Well my mom and sister are counting PP together and have lost over 10pounds within a month just changing the portion, is what it looks like to me. My question is why would you loose on the old WW point system and then gain from the 'new' pp?? Q-for those of you that posted you gained...

• shashaz2002
    Options
    I think the PP system is for those who are new to the program, and don't have their portions figured out. I also think that they need to count points for fruit, which they don't on the PP system, it's also way to much food, I tried and was told to eat all my 29 points and by doing so I gained and gained.

Now I am working on losing those pounds, I don't know why they would have changed their program, they need to bring back their old system, even if it's just for those who are at lifetime.

Actually, I know why they changed their program, because everyone had to BUY all new stuff, the old stuff was obsolete, and to figure out the points you had to buy the new calculator , but before they changed the program you could pretty much estimate in your head that 50 calories = 1 pt, give or take the fiber. But it was a pretty accurate guess doing it that way.
  • Wibikerlady
    Wibikerlady Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... Well my mom and sister are counting PP together and have lost over 10pounds within a month just changing the portion, is what it looks like to me. My question is why would you loose on the old WW point system and then gain from the 'new' pp?? Q-for those of you that posted you gained...

On the old points system, you counted calories..Now you dont. EVERYTHING you eat has calories...and I mean EVERYTHING!!! Watermelon for heavens sakes, 1C is 45 cals...BUT on the PP, you can eat ALL THE FRUIT AND VEGGIES YOU WANT (corn is an exception because of the fat in the milk). SO, people use fruit and veggies to cover the hunger..WELL...If you can eat ALL THE RED GRAPES YOU WANT...And yes, I did check this out on the WW online before I cancelled it, no matter how much you put in it, points were ZERO, BUT on here if you put in say 5 Cups is 308 calories..SO, they cant say you can eat all you want of fruit and veggies when it does TOTALLY impact your weight!! I lost 90lbs with the old system...Held within a 5lb range with the PP, since starting this...in the last ALMOST 30 days....I'm down almost 10lbs...so...Thats my take on the WW issue...And by the sounds of all the other posts I have read on here...most will also agree with me.
    Dont get me wrong, I thank WW for helping me get on the right track and relearn how to eat, but this new system is a waste and very misleading on so many levels.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I'm going to be the outcast here. I was on the old WW program back in 2004 or 2005. I lost about 12 lbs if I remember right, but then I plateaued for almost 18 mos! I swore off WW forever because it got depressing watching everyone else get to their goal weight while I was still struggling.

When I heard they changed the program, I decided to give it another try. I joined in Jan. 2011. I discovered MFP a little over 2 mos ago and I like it for being able to track sodium intake, as I find that when I watch my sodium I lose more--not necessarily pounds (I've lost 38lbs and will weigh in this Saturday), but I've lost a lot of inches. When I started WW I was a size 18, and now I'm a size 10.

Yes, Weight Watchers sells a lot of their products, but they don't force you to buy them. I do happen to like their toasted coconut bars (they taste like German chocolate cake!) They promote their products at the meetings, but there's no hard sell--if there were, I'd stop going.

I also like the meetings because I feel a lot of support and get good tips there. I get support here too, but it's not the same as face-to-face contact. And it's nice to go for a healthy lunch and long walk with fellow WWers after meetings :)

As for your daily points limit, where did you get 25? The minimum for everyone is 29 now on the new plan.

Good luck!
  • aiyana1228
    aiyana1228 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am using both but on my own...Single mom-No money for WW. I found an online calculator and created a spreadsheet for the points. I track my mfp and then convert things to points. That way I am sure I am staying at that 29 point mark (I agree 29 is the minimum) plus under my 1.200 calories, plus tracking the calcium and fiber I struggle to get enough of. Yes. Fruit and vegies have calories. It does say that they are zero points but there is also the suggestion that you are eating 4-5 servings of fruit and vegies, not 10 or 12. I was doing Atkins for a year and lost about 40 lbs. Switching to mfp and ww allows me to eat fruit and get more fiber. I am loving the fruit but I am careful not to go overboard. I always make the ww garden veggie soup to have on hand for when I am famished and too tired to cook. Someone wise once said you should eat a rainbow every day. I try to keep this in mind as I make my foor choices. I use yellow squash as well as zuchini in the soup to add another color. The soups has red (tomato), orange (carrots), yellow (yellow squash), and green (everything else. I get in blueberries and or purple grapes and I have my rainbow.

As for getting your points. Start your day with a good breakfast. Think about what your body needs to get the fat burning engine going. Something that involves whole grains, protien, fruit, Calcium. I avoid anything with unrefined white flour or sugar.
  • knetterk
    knetterk Posts: 107
    Options
    I am using both but on my own...Single mom-No money for WW. I found an online calculator and created a spreadsheet for the points. I track my mfp and then convert things to points. That way I am sure I am staying at that 29 point mark (I agree 29 is the minimum) plus under my 1.200 calories, plus tracking the calcium and fiber I struggle to get enough of. Yes. Fruit and vegies have calories. It does say that they are zero points but there is also the suggestion that you are eating 4-5 servings of fruit and vegies, not 10 or 12. I was doing Atkins for a year and lost about 40 lbs. Switching to mfp and ww allows me to eat fruit and get more fiber. I am loving the fruit but I am careful not to go overboard. I always make the ww garden veggie soup to have on hand for when I am famished and too tired to cook. Someone wise once said you should eat a rainbow every day. I try to keep this in mind as I make my foor choices. I use yellow squash as well as zuchini in the soup to add another color. The soups has red (tomato), orange (carrots), yellow (yellow squash), and green (everything else. I get in blueberries and or purple grapes and I have my rainbow.

As for getting your points. Start your day with a good breakfast. Think about what your body needs to get the fat burning engine going. Something that involves whole grains, protien, fruit, Calcium. I avoid anything with unrefined white flour or sugar.

I am in the same boat!! I just figured my points out by myself:) My moms is 29 points and I have a bigger *kitten*, lol so I assummed I only needed 25... Thanks for the input guys!!