I can't believe I relapsed! Friends needed please!

Options
I lost 35 lbs and kept it off for two years, and then grad school happened. I stopped weighing and logging altogether, and over the last 9 months or so I've gained 22 lbs!!! I'm feeling pretty ashamed.

I knew I had gained a little, but I can't believe I gained as much as I did. :( I know I can do this again, but support really helps me. I would love more friends to support me through this. Please add at will!

Aubree

Replies

• brobinson0624
    brobinson0624 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It will be okay. Life happens and you’ve lost the weight before. Each time you feel like not logging or weighing, remember how you feel in this moment. Sending encouragement your way!
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up over it life happens I should know in 2015-2016 I lost 100lbs then in February 2017 had knee surgery and in August 2017 was involved in a car crash and am still dealing with the injuries. I have gained 80lbs back because of life. Now I have gotten back at it and have lost over 40lbs so you see it can be done we just need to learn from are mistakes. If you would like to add me as a friend you may
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Dont beat yourself up over it life happens I should know in 2015-2016 I lost 100lbs then in February 2017 had knee surgery and in August 2017 was involved in a car crash and am still dealing with the injuries. I have gained 80lbs back because of life. Now I have gotten back at it and have lost over 40lbs so you see it can be done we just need to learn from are mistakes. If you would like to add me as a friend you may
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No need for shame, 98% of people who lose weight gain it all back and more. As long as you're being mindful and starting over I call that something to be proud of! o:)
  • EMonicaSB
    EMonicaSB Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just started back logging my intake as I too have relapsed but by more than 30 pounds. I guess we both know what to do to get back on track but it's so tough to be my highest weight ever (including being pregnant with my third child). I really need to track everything and not let my guard down.

As they say, we're in this together. I started back a week ago and have lost 2 pounds....at least I'm going in the right direction which has not been the case for at least 5 years now.

Let's put ourselves as number one! No more excuses for me. Are you in?
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for keeping off the 35 pounds for 2 years! I was about to post something similar when I this. I’ve lost over a hundred pounds and have been on a really great flow. In the past 2 weeks I’ve hurt my back and hip and am not allowed to go to the gym. In the stressful process of transferring schools and other life stress and found myself so off track now. Have gained 6 pounds and really bummed. Shame spirals are not productive and hope you don’t stay stuck in one! Think we just have to get honest and start where we are at and keep moving forward. Maybe what worked for you in the past isn’t working now because your lifestyle/responsibilities are different or more demanding. Might be time to make a new plan that fits where you are now:)
    Thinking of you and sending lots of good health vibes!;)
  • cultonmike
    cultonmike Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey you got this!! If you did it once you can surely do it again! You may have fallen off the wagon but need not worry we stopped to let ya back on! Hand extended to lift you aboard!!