Who’s vegan?!?!

Options
I’m working on getting back to solid veganism and would like some inspiration and recipes.

Replies

• starnold2418
    starnold2418 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m on a mostly plant based diet. Been on it for 2 months and have lost 16 lbs. I do have small cheats a few times a week. And I feel better than I have in years.
  • harley79
    harley79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Starnold2418 Everytime I do plant based I get deathly I'll for weeks like really bad bad flu 10fold can you share some recipes maybe I'm doing something wrong
  • strongwouldbenice
    strongwouldbenice Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Just take it slow, try and find vegan alternatives for things you normally eat and focus on getting a decent amount of protein. I've swapped all my dips/sauces/spreads to non-dairy ones I still enjoy, and I'm currently working coconut yoghurt into my week and decreasing regular yoghurt. Other than that almost everything I eat regularly is vegan, but I'm in no hurry to label myself. I just feel like it's more sustainable in the long run
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Plant based is healthier. It is the only diet that has been proven to reverse coronary heart disease.

Is this relevant for people without coronary heart disease?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Plant based is healthier. It is the only diet that has been proven to reverse coronary heart disease.

Lol at this....
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    vegan here. Love me some lentils, tomatoes, and eggplant and nutritional yeast. well, actually, just about any veggie or grain with nooch!
  • JustBecause84
    JustBecause84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    And please feel free to friend me 🙂
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Lol at this....

It's true, she read it on a pro-vegan website.

• JustBecause84
    JustBecause84 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First off. This thread isn’t a debate on the vegan lifestyle. It’s so we can chat and exchange information and have support from each other!

I love my vegan way of life. I am stuck in a rut regarding food. Feel like I’m not being creative as I would like. So help and suggestions welcome.

I originally became vegan for weight loss. I almost instantly dropped 40 pounds in combination with a daily 5 mile run. Then I’ve continued for weight maintenance and ethical reasons.
  • maybebeccadough
    maybebeccadough Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have a weekly "taco goop tostadas" night, because it tastes good and is pretty good for you, and also doesn't take too long to make. This serves two, but could scale it however you need to really.

- 1 can fat free refried beans
    - 1/2 cup tvp, reheated in 1/2 cup water
    - 1 serving Mexican seasoning (I use this recipe, without the sugar, and with double the garlic powder)
    - 6 corn tortillas
    - any other toppings or additions. I've recently added pepitas for the fat content with good results, and avocado or sriracha are great on top too.

Add refried beans, tvp, and mexican seasoning to pan. Mix it up and let it get warm. Add water if it's too thick, as necessary. Meanwhile, toast your corn tortillas until they are as crispy as you'd like them to be. Serve goop on the tortillas, topped as desired.
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Vegan here too! Anyone can feel free to add me for support! :)
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am vegan and my diary is open to friends
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    vegan!!:)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Vegan here too :) My diary is open but anyone can feel free to add me if they wish.
  • runlikeananna
    runlikeananna Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm went fully plant based around 4 years ago and ended up gaining weight. I have been losing again since cutting down on nuts and oils.

Harley, if I drop sugar and caffeine I become really ill. Do you drop that when going plant-based?

For anyone trying vegan, I recommend googling challenge 22 vegan. You go on a program with mentors who help you make the change. It is very nurturing for anyone just starting out and it's free.
  • mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12
    mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsa12 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I’m vegan, have been for 20 years. My diary is open, feel free to add me.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I’m vegan too, anyone can feel free to add me! x