Newbie (joined about 3 days ago)

Options
Hello everyone,
I’m Cammy 33 yo, and I’m not happy with the numbers I saw on my bathroom scale the other day so I decided that I need to at least lose 15-20 pounds. I went to my local GNC and purchase “15 day weight loss support tablets” hopefully it will really works. I started out weighing 193 (btw I’m 5’7) and now I’m down to 191 so yeah 😊💃🏻I lost 2 pounds!!! I started walking & jogging in the mornings for about 45 minuets to 1 hour. I have changed my eating diet as well no rice or no pasta, no juice just veggies with meat so hopefully I’ll meet my goal and lose some belly fat as well.
Can you guys share with my some tips on your weight loss journey?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If weight loss pills worked, no one would be fat...
  • caclarklee
    caclarklee Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I know but they’re for support...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I don't waste my money on pills and potions. I spend time planning and preparing my meals, incorporating a wide variety of foods I like, ensuring I am consistently eating appropriate calories for whatever goal I have (currently in a deficit to lose weight). My meals are mainly protein and vegie based with fats included, but I also enjoy sweets, desserts, starchy carbs, higher calorie snacks etc.

I exercise because I enjoy it, and because it's good for me - I mainly weight train in the gym.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    caclarklee wrote: »

Support? In what way?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Support? In what way?

Perhaps they put a voice in your head to stop you overeating?
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Return the pills, and use that money to buy a food scale. Don't rely on supplements. They won't help/support.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Support? In what way?

....I have a fridge magnet that says 'back away fatty' ...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Support? In what way?

....I have a fridge magnet that says 'back away fatty' ...

Probably more effective than the tablets...
  • LoveMusic4Life
    LoveMusic4Life Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I’m Cammy 33 yo, and I’m not happy with the numbers I saw on my bathroom scale the other day so I decided that I need to at least lose 15-20 pounds. I went to my local GNC and purchase “15 day weight loss support tablets” hopefully it will really works. I started out weighing 193 (btw I’m 5’7) and now I’m down to 191 so yeah 😊💃🏻I lost 2 pounds!!! I started walking & jogging in the mornings for about 45 minuets to 1 hour. I have changed my eating diet as well no rice or no pasta, no juice just veggies with meat so hopefully I’ll meet my goal and lose some belly fat as well.
    Can you guys share with my some tips on your weight loss journey?

I used to use diet pills alot, even prescription ones from my GP, its short term weight loss only. I have to agree with livinglean though. Its all about the right foods and exercise, being consistant is good and will make getting to your goal easier.
    I go to the gym 4 times a week and i love it, i do cardio and strength, i dont have a gym buddy to motivate me which sux, but i dont let that stop me from going.
    Feel free to add me!

• FitJM1982
    FitJM1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing IF along with daily exercise for about 45 minutes and its been working great! I am still tracking my macros, but with the IF it is a little easier with your food choices.
  • DBNGUY786
    DBNGUY786 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    All the best with your weight loss journey. Just remember that pills and other items may have a more negative long term effect than a positive one considering the amount of caffeine and chemicals in them. Watch your calories and stay away from junk it’s that simple. Once the eating is right then you can incorporate a well structured exercise regime with both cardio and weight training.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    FitJM1982 wrote: »
    I've been doing IF along with daily exercise for about 45 minutes and its been working great! I am still tracking my macros, but with the IF it is a little easier with your food choices.

How does meal timing make food choices easier?