Weightloss

Options
Hi Eveybody can i ask you something , ??
I'm
Petite 4ft 11 and my problem areas are my thighs and tops of my arms . Do I loose weight from
Then purely through calorie deficit or exercise too ? doing the 5:2 fast , counting calories on non fast days . Weekly average 8400 , I so fast days then I can save them extra calories for wknds x

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The 5:2 fast is unnecessary for weight loss. Just a calorie deficit over time. Your calories are pretty low, 1200 per day. To remove the fat you are going to have to burn fat; however, exercise is going to make you look better as well. The most effective is heavy compound lifting in a gym. There are endless discussions of programs like that on MFP. I would just suggest finding an exercise modality you enjoy and sticking with that.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    5:2 is meant to be two days at 500 calories and five days at maintenance, so you should likely be averaging more than 1200 calories.

You don't have to exercise to lose weight. Think of it more for your health and body composition. Also you can't spot reduce, so when you lose fat you'll lose it from everywhere.
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    What bpotts said above. While you don't have to exercise to lose weight...i am sure the result from heavy lifts is what you're seeking. Weight is just a number like age and looks different on each of us. Forget the numbers and use the mirror as your guide. Anyway, whatever you're currently doing is defintely working! Cheers!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    On the 2 fasting days you don't eat back exercise calories (you may find exercise is hard/limited on those days anyway!).

The 5 other days of the week are supposed to be at maintenance - what does this site give you as your calories when you set to "maintain current weight"? That's your 5 day calorie goal when doing 5:2 and it does intend you to eat back your exercise calories on those 5 days.

If you don't like to separate out exercise calories then set your maintenance goal from a TDEE calculator instead. You could divide that 5 X TDEE amount up irregularly if you like but IMHO be careful about restricting too much either side of your fasting day or you will make them far harder.

Have you looked at the 5:2 website?
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @Fivefootcaloriecounter this is my opinion you could try tracking macros. Include body weight exercises, such as calisthenics and strength training