50% Carb, 30% Fat, 20% Protein - Lunch and Diner idea.

I can eat the same thing over and over for breakfast.

I eat this for breakfast:
-2 hardboiled egg
-2 whole weath Bread slice
-1 cup of 3.25% Whole milk

This equal Exactly too 50G Carb, 30G Fat, 20G Protein. This is exactly like the My Fitness pall Macro suggestion.

But Can anyone help me create A Lunch and Diner thats like this ? I dont know how too do it.

Im Thinking: - Brown rice
-Chicken breast
-Brocolli
-1 tablespoon of olive oil for the fat since chicken breast has not alot of Fat
For lunch

For Diner: - Brown rice
-Ground beef Full Fat Ground beef For the Fat macro Since extra lean ground beef is very lean
-Brocolli

Any Help? Thank you

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    You don't have to eat the same macro split for each meal. That percentage breakdown is a recommendation for your day... Even then, its not something you have to follow. I personally adjust fat and protein - my protein is at least 0.8g per lb of my goal weight, fat is at least 0.35-0.45g per lb.

The meal you described doesn't fit the breakdown, as the percentages are based on calories, not grams. Protein and carbs provide 4 calories per gram and fat provides 9 calories per gram.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Unless I'm missing something. Those macro percentages (MFP default) are by percentage of calories, not by percentage of grams.

So for your breakfast example: Total calories: 550; Carbs: 36%; Fat: 49%; Protein: 15% (rounded for ease of typing)

But as already stated, you don't have to hit that breakdown with every meal. Personally, I look at fat and protein as minimums (for the day as a whole), some meals will have more than others, but it evens out by the end of the day.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    ^ Both correct above. The percentages are by calories, not grams. Also correct that it’s not essential to hit those targets exactly - in fact, many people modify those macro targets to better suit their goals and/or preferences, as both posters above noted.

I have minimum protein and fat goals same as @livingleanlivingclean, and I let carbs fall wherever they fall. Most days I end up somewhere around 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat. More important is hitting your calorie goal, as calories are what matter for weight management.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Setting aside macros, you really should diversify your meals. Eat the rainbow. A huge variety of fruits and veg, whole grains, beans, nuts, seeds, legumes and meat/seafood. IMO you’ll get a lot more nutrional bang for the buck.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Percentage is not grams, you don't have to aim for that macro split, you don't have to aim for any particular macro split, or even track macros. But you should indeed vary your meals more. Same breakfast every day is fine, but lunch and dinner the same, too, and that too every day, is not fine.

Dieting isn't that hard. Don't make it so hard. Weightloss isn't magic. There are no magic foods.