Will you answer me?

Options
I posted this on my profile thing, but no answered me and I'd like to know so I can finish up my food journal. I dont even where to maybe guess it at? So Thanks to those who answer me!

So I diced and mixed jalapeno, cilantro, tomato, & purple onion together... Nothing else... I put a tablespoon on each taco. I'm not sure how to figure out how many calories that would be? Any suggestions or any one know?

Replies

• nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    go to food and recipes and type in each thing and how much. it should give you results.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You can create it as a recipe under the My Foods section - I did that tonight w/ my dinner. Just put in the ingredients and amounts and it'll tell you the calories.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    That will be very low cal. You can use the recipe option under food to mix your ingredients and tell the serving size.
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Pico de gallo. Try that one!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I would try fresh salsa, there should be something similar. That is pretty much what you had there.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    if i had to guess, 5 calories
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    There is a pico option in the database or just enter it separate for each item.
  • micheledunne
    Options
    You will probably have to enter each one induvidually. I know that sucks. But you will also have to guess at how much of each thing u mixed in. Like one cup of cilantro etc. It will give u the calories.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The easiest way would be to put in all in individually...tsp here and there.....takes awhile but at least you will know how much calories it would be somewhat accurately!
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    That's what the calorie counter on MyFitnessPal is for. Search up your specific taco shell brand on MFP. Then, select it. Continue by entering each individual ingredient you used in your recipe, keeping portions in mind. Add them.

Voila. That ought to tell you how many calories your taco is. Bon appetit!
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Use your recipe tab, I've used this for lots of things I've made. It's easy.
  • Jeanetta10
    Jeanetta10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If this is something you do frequently I would make the recipe in foods and save it for future use.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    use your own recipe because you don't know if people put salt or anything else in theirs.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Pico de Gallo and it is in the database.