Going premium is it worth it

Options
What are your thoughts on premium? Worth it or is the free one better, I long in a book because it’s easier for me I just use mfp to look up calories

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you aren't using the diary on here then I would say going premium wouldn't be worth the cost since most of the features revolve around that
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    If you aren't using the diary on here then I would say going premium wouldn't be worth the cost since most of the features revolve around that

I think maybe the premium version is ad-free? So that would be a feature you could benefit from without logging. (Obviously I don't think it's worth it, even though I do use the diary, since I'm not even sure whether premium is ad-free. :smile: )

ETA:: I have see a few people on the forums who apparently found it really difficult to cancel the premium service once they signed up, so there's that.
  • rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Not unless they improve the database and update the app
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    There's a competing service with a much better database that may be worth it (it is too me). Its a bit harder to use and the community is not as great, but it is accurate.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I lost weight and have maintained successfully with only the free version, as have many others here.
  • EspressoLvr
    EspressoLvr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The free version is plenty considering what they offer. Yes, the premium is ad free, if that really bothers you. A few years ago I tried the trial 30 days, and it was okay. I eventually signed up for a year or so, it was super easy to cancel, and I haven't missed the premium version. If you are thinking of paying for a service, I would recommend FitDay, the free version isn't worth a crap, but the paid version is amazeballs.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I looked at the premium service and couldn't see a benefit to me. If I wanted to pay, I would probably use the Mayo plan.
  • DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use the premium service and honestly it hasn't made any difference to me. I subscribed to a year though so I am stuck with it for now. When my subscription ends I will definitely just use the free version.
  • amjmortensen48
    amjmortensen48 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    There's a competing service with a much better database that may be worth it (it is too me). Its a bit harder to use and the community is not as great, but it is accurate.
    Which one is that?

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I looked at the premium features and none of them are worth anything to me.