Great Weekend!

Options
Yesterday was normal until about 6pm. Last minute a few pals came over and a few beers, crisps and chocolate trifles later I'd eaten 3500 calories. MFP gives me 1880 daily. So a lovely 6 mile walk today and tomorrow and I'll be right back on track after some lovely food and drink yesterday.

No guilt, fitting into a weekly calorie count rather than daily seems to be the way forward for me.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    RoyBeck wrote: »
    Yesterday was normal until about 6pm. Last minute a few pals came over and a few beers, crisps and chocolate trifles later I'd eaten 3500 calories. MFP gives me 1880 daily. So a lovely 6 mile walk today and tomorrow and I'll be right back on track after some lovely food and drink yesterday.

No guilt, fitting into a weekly calorie count rather than daily seems to be the way forward for me.

So how much over are you for the week?
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Well my TDEE is 2660 (34, M, 241lbs) and this week I've eaten at a deficit from that of 850, 736, 587, 771, 925 and 669. That's a deficit of around 4500 (no calculator to hand) with yesterday's surplus of around 900 that reduces the deficit to approx. 3600. I've also walked 4, 2, 2, 6, 3 and 6 miles today plus I've got a 6 mile planned again tomorrow. That's 29 miles since last Monday which using the lbsx0.3xmiles walked formula gives me 2096 calories burnt via exercise. I NEVER eat these back out of choice for fear of over estimating etc..giving me a deficit in total of 5700 so hopefully a true loss of 1.75lbs.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    You know that MFP tells you your weekly net and total on the app?
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. But that would scare the crap out of me - knowing I was capable of eating that much over my target in an evening.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. But that would scare the crap out of me - knowing I was capable of eating that much over my target in an evening.

OP is way under target, eating that much was not a bad thing.
  • RoyBeck
    Options

OP is way under target, eating that much was not a bad thing.

Yes. I've changed my goal from 2lb per week to 1lb per week from tomorrow as I've changed my goal from 190lbs to 200lbs. When I'll get there I'll reassess. I'm looking forward to a few extra calories if I'm honest I think my calories increase from 1880 to about 2180. I'll give it a go for 6 weeks I think then see. I must admit I like a few changes to see how my body and weight adjusts.
  • RoyBeck
    Options

Lol it's all experimental. At a guess thinking back to the dark old days I'd imagine I'd have eaten upwards of 8000 calories some days and I'm sure many would admit to it too. Whole packs of cookies at about 65 per cookie x 24 or whatever they are on top of a fried breakfast and big lunches and dinners. Scary.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options

Lol it's all experimental. At a guess thinking back to the dark old days I'd imagine I'd have eaten upwards of 8000 calories some days and I'm sure many would admit to it too. Whole packs of cookies at about 65 per cookie x 24 or whatever they are on top of a fried breakfast and big lunches and dinners. Scary.

I think that’s the greatest victory - also that you saw the big picture and are just carrying on - no “starting over” or “back on my diet”. This is how people who aren’t overweight manage their diet (noun) day in and day out. Great job!
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options

Obviously, we’ve all been capable of eating that much over daily maintenance or we wouldn’t have become overweight.
    That’s why it’s important to look at the big picture. Without that perspective (which MFP has given me), I wouldn’t be in my 3rd year of losing (with plenty of maintenance months in there) with less than 20 to go.
  • RoyBeck
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »

I think that’s the greatest victory - also that you saw the big picture and are just carrying on - no “starting over” or “back on my diet”. This is how people who aren’t overweight manage their diet (noun) day in and day out. Great job!

Thank you. Exactly I couldn't imagine eating 1880 for the rest of my life anyway I need days like this!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    oh hell ive eaten more today than i usually do. internet has been out past 24 hours so i havent even logged it.

whatever.

im thinking nachos for dinner sounds good... :D:D:D:D
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I will just say-
    with that kind of attitude, you have the makings of a great maintainer.

Glad you enjoyed yourself with no recriminations.

Cheers, h.