this is taking forever

Options
i lost 18 pounds. Sounds great and I am so proud of that....but i have 150 lbs total to lose...that is a looong way to go.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i lost 18 pounds. Sounds great and I am so proud of that....but i have 150 lbs total to lose...that is a looong way to go.

Yep, but what's the alternative....?
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Slow & steady wins the race!
  • terrichcombo
    terrichcombo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    One day at a time.....
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    When I feel that way, I remember that I didn't put it on in a day (or a month) and it's not going to come off in a day. It takes a while when you are trying to get healthy, and want it to be a long term lifestyle change.
  • GrazerMcK
    GrazerMcK Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Take it day by day. Don't be disheartened if things don't go your way all the time.

I've lost 58lbs now, and there have been times where I've put weight on and cried in frustration over it. You will get there. Keep your head up. Add a lot of people as friends, and when you're logging daily you may get some inspiration?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to gain those 150 pounds? You can't expect it to all come off at once.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    Patience is half the battle. Kommo's right - reaching our goals and maintaining it after that will literally take the rest of our lives. And that's okay! We just have to settle in to new habits.

Never a truer word spoken. 👏👏👏
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Work on little goals. Its easier on my mind. Trying to get to a goal of 23 pounds lost sounds wasy better than losing 73lbs.
  • desireedrivera
    desireedrivera Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’ve been trying to lose weight for the past three years and it has been only in the last 6 months that I have made any significant progress. The road is long and it is hard, but self motivation is key. If you fall off the Horse don’t give up or give into temptation. That Avenue is too easy. Choose the harder road, the one that shows discipline and determination. I promise you that you will be amazed at what you can accomplish. A little at a time you can meet your ultimate goal and celebrate with confidence!!! Best of Luck!! Stick with it girl!!! You got this! 👍🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    In the end it took me about the same amount of time to lose 100lbs as it did to gain it.

Eating at a moderate calorie deficit will get you what you want over time. Read this board much and you’ll see a lot of folks wrecked by the time issue. Think of it as time spent learning a new way to live.

Patience is half the battle, maybe more. Losing weight is only half the battle, the other half is being satisfied with how you are living. Being in a rush is almost guaranteed to make you miserable. Misery is the first step to quitting. Take the time to find some balance.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You gained all this weight over so many months/years so loosing it will require a lot of patience.
    Congrats on the 18 pouds! It’s amazing!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Just keep going @jerzydevil007 - you'll get there! For me it was often two steps forward, one step back.

Be kind to yourself, forgive the missteps and get right back at it. :flowerforyou:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It took me 2.5 yr to lose 150. I lost every month. Yes it's a long haul, and now I have to keep it off the rest of my life! Is it worth it? YES!