Just sayin hi!

Options
Just poppin in to say hi :) I am new here so hope to find some support :) I am 26 years old, recently married, and looking to get trimmed and toned up :) I only would like to lose about 10 pounds, but DANG it's hard!

I have tried lots of different things but my motivation wanes. Last year I was doing really good with a running program, was up to 5 miles, and looked the best I ever had... enter grad school graduation, a new job, and a wedding, and I'm ten pounds up from where I was and 5 miles down in my running.

I love doin my Jillian Michaels DVDs but then it seems like I struggle with keeping my eating/snacking under control...

Anyway- that's a little about me :)

Replies

• sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!!! Feel free to add me!!
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is full of motivating and inspiring people! Add as many people as you can and get moving! Also peek at peoples diaries to get good ideas for snacks and meals. Good luck!! ~CC
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've found it's really all just about sticking to your daily calorie goal. Fitness is definately helpful for those days you want to go over. Record everything honestly and stay in line and it drops off.

9824420.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

I too only wanted to lose about 10 pounds when I started using MFP. I found that MFP was one of the best tools out there for losing weight. I have lost the 10 and just changed my MFP settings to maintain my current weight. I try not to get into an exercise rut of doing the same thing every week. I change up my routine week to week. Running, walking, biking, hiking, P90X DVDs, Insanity DVDs, free weights... Now that I have reached my weight goal I will continue to work on toning and putting on muscle mass.
  • akburmeister
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome - and congrats to everyone on working toward or accomplishing their goals... looking forward to doing this with you all! :)