No back pain.

Options
I've been weightlifting consistently for five months (Stronglifts 5x5 for three months and I'm now starting my third month of Strongcurves). I was afraid to start weightlifting because I've had chronic back pain but I just realized that I haven't had any back pain since I started lifting. I've even done a few movements that used to throw out my back but now they don't even phase me. I never could have imagined that all my back pain was caused from weak muscles. I wish I had started earlier. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• newbie3122
    newbie3122 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Correct form helps too
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes OMG yes!!!! If I slack on upper body strength my back reminds me how important it is!!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes! Almost no back, hip, or knee pain after strength training & weight loss.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how much pain inactivity can cause, other than achy joints or DOMS I no longer have any of the pains I used to feel before lifting either.
  • 70chevellegsp
    70chevellegsp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I found after lifting weights since I was a teen, I totally neglected my posterior chain. Over the past 4 years, (recently turned 50) I got back to basics, squats, deadlifts, OHP, & bench (with a few accessory exercises) along with daily stretching/yoga poses and my back has not felt this good in years. Wasted a lot of years doing curls and benching, hopefully I can continue to undo the potential damage done.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Not with regards to back pain - but with regards to my knees. I used to have bad knees. Ever since I started squatting (and deadlifting), I've had almost no knee pain. I used to officiate football. A couple of years ago, I got ran over - knee-to-knee - by a linebacker. My knees had improved so much from lifting, I finished the game and only took a week or so off from the gym - as a precaution, as I probably could have lifted.
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yes. My back is way better since strength training.
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Can someone please share their routine I have the same problems. Thanks in advance.