Newbie needing some motivation.... HELP!!!

Options
Unhappy with my body right now. It has to stop. Lack of motivation is my downfall πŸ˜–

Replies

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    You need to find a way to motivate yourself - and I would think if you are unhappy with your body, that would be a good first step motivation. This is a great place for support and encouragement. I believe you can do this!
  • AvengingPhoenix
    AvengingPhoenix Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Using the unhappiness for motivation is a good way to get started. Upset about being unable to lift someone up? Use the weights more often! Want to be able to walk around longer before getting tired? Use the treadmill! Regardless of what is making you unhappy, know that you have the power to change it. Best of luck!!
  • nachynach56
    nachynach56 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Motivation is a key to success. Feel free to add me.πŸ˜€
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @claremannion84 best place to get motivation is this app welcome
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Motivation...you want to be healthy and happy. You want to be able to move around easily. You want energy. You want to look and feel good. You want to wear clothes that you feel good in. You can do it. If you want something bad enough, you can achieve it.
  • Kookystars
    Kookystars Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Guys. Thanks so much 😘
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    hi
  • anothermfpuser
    anothermfpuser Posts: 84 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    In my opinion motivation is one part of it, but not the only. If you lack determination, desire to succeed, resiliency and no focus, you are setting yourself up for potential failure.

We all have good and bad days. Good and bad weeks. If you have a plan (meaning logging honestly and accurately) - can be honest with yourself and be able to bounce back during turbulent times, you will succeed. Plenty of success stories here to read will reinforce that.

If you are looking for friends here to keep you motivated - you will fail. They may inspire you to try things at times, but at the end of the day it's all on you - as it is for each one of us.

There is no magic or hidden mystery to success. Burn more calories than you consume then you will experience success over time. The trick is in the honesty and accuracy of tracking input and output.

When you want this bad enough for yourself - you will make it happen. Otherwise there's always an excuse waiting for you.