tip pleaseee<3

Options
I am in need of some motivation and diet tips to follow.

does anyone have any tips that help/helped them?

Replies

• blondie1238
    Options
    BUMP!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Best tip ever: Just start.
  • bree2012
    bree2012 Posts: 179
    Options
    Hey! I can use some motivation as well, but I think the most important aspect to sticking to a diet is to be committed to it.

I wasn't fully committed today. I took the easy way out and indulged in some unhealthy foods. And it feels awful afterwards.

So my motivational advice is, eat healthily, and you will feel better because you know you accomplished something.

Some diet tips:
    1. When you are craving unhealthy foods, go exercise. Or keep yourself busy. Anything that takes your mind off food.
    2. Try to plan your diet the day beforehand.
    3. Create a blacklist of unhealthy foods you are banned to eat. I have one, but I allow myself to eat one item per week.

Hope this helps!
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    no processed foods. no sugar. and the simplest, most important one of all that i repeat to myself every day. Eat less, move more. That's what it all comes down to. I have nothing else but sheer willpower to get me through the day. some days, like today, it fails me. Most days I'm strong. And drink lots and lots of water, as in at least half a gallon.
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Drink LOTS of water and chew gum! Water helps keep the hunger down (among other great things) and gum helps keep my cravings away.
  • jmkrauss
    Options
    Workout first thing in the morning --- before your brain is active enough to make excuses. I have my workout gear and shoes next to my bed, so when I get up, I am forced to put it on.

The other thing that's helped me is to hang a "goal outfit" (something I haven't been able to get into in years that I'd like to put on again) in plain sight (also visible from my bed).

So, when I am tempted to eat empty calories, I just walk up to my goal outfit and it cures the urge.
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    its all about calories in vs calories out. It is sooooo much easier to walk away from bad foods once you see how hard it is to work those calories off! (220 calories for icecream= 45 minutes of elliptical= not worth it!) its just easier not to eat the calories. period.

set mini goals and reward yourself when you reach them (NOT FOOD REWARDS)

Good luck!!!
  • matticrew
    Options
    thankss guyss!