Clearly Not Alone!!

Options
Hi Folks,

Just saying hi...brand new to this tonight...plan to start fresh in the morning. I weigh 240 pounds right now and hope to reach the 200 pound goal in a reasonable period of time. I quit smoking in September of 2009 and have been gaining weight ever since. I have been working out but I HAVE NOT been the least bit disciplined with my food and alcohol intake. So it's time!!!

Replies

• mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site - there's lots of encouragement and fun here. Nice job quitting the tobacco!
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi!

You are NOT alone!!! Welcome... it's a great place to lose weight and start living a healthier life!

Friend me if you would like to.

L
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site is wonderful. Great job on your decision to stop smoking. Feel free to add my as a friend. Good luck with your journey to lose weight.
  • TinyMcMassive
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Definitely look to get the food and alcohol situation reigned in, that will be a valuable first step in trimming that weight. But fear not, it doesn't have to go away forever! All good things in moderation, as they say.

Better eating habits coupled with your workouts should begin giving you the results you're looking for. Just be diligent about hitting the calorie numbers MFP gives you! It works!
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome......this is a great place to keep track of your food intake. Once you get acclimated with the site you will want to add friends so that you can get and give support and motivation to each other....this is a great site for that. Good luck!
  • SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Welcome! and congrats on quitting smoking! Lots of inspiration on this site. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • akburmeister
    Options
    congrats on quitting- and best wishes with your journey :) i'm new too! looking forward to following your progress!