Girl Scout Cookies are here...UGH!

Options
My daughter is a brownie and cookie time has hit my house. I vowed not to eat one cookie--maybe that was my BIG mistake!! After a week of just staring at the boxes I went cookie crazy yesterday and ended up making myself miserable. I ended up awake at 3 am very, very, very sick. I threw up for over 30 minutes. When your body is used to the good stuff and you pig out on the bad stuff...just not a good combination. I now know that I will probably never ever ever eat another girl scout cookie again--they sort of lose their appeal on the way back up!!

Don't know when the cookies hit your town, but when they do BEWARE!!:laugh:

Replies

• ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a brownie and cookie time has hit my house. I vowed not to eat one cookie--maybe that was my BIG mistake!! After a week of just staring at the boxes I went cookie crazy yesterday and ended up making myself miserable. I ended up awake at 3 am very, very, very sick. I threw up for over 30 minutes. When your body is used to the good stuff and you pig out on the bad stuff...just not a good combination. I now know that I will probably never ever ever eat another girl scout cookie again--they sort of lose their appeal on the way back up!!

Don't know when the cookies hit your town, but when they do BEWARE!!:laugh:
  • brinmeliss
    Options
    Oh, I totally agree with you. I actually bought 6 boxes and only opened one. I watched my husband eat a whole sleeve of thin mints while I was just eating two Caramel Delights. If you can, don't eliminate the cookies entirely. It's so hard for me too, but if you eat one in the middle of the day and one later on, you savor them more. Shoot - Before I comitted to losing weight was when I bought them and I used to totally eat like four or five at one time. Oreo's too. Yikes.
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    I have had over 100 boxes in my house the past week as my girl is a brownie too.

Eating 4 Samoas was about 300 calories.....I envy the days of ignorance.

I only have 10 more boxes to get rid of. I told my husband to hide the ones we bought so I do not loose control. I have no will power. Good luck ...and stay away from those cookies!!!!!!!!

Melissa
  • Mlieb
    Options
    MMMMMMMMM ....... frozen thin mints!!!!!!
  • UpDownMostly
    Options
    HAHA yeah they just hit across the street at blockbuster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjHzlkCSyE

I just had to buy some, they are so cute when selling them how can I resist! I should get in the habit of dropping some money in the container and saying I don't need the cookies but here's my money to support you. Sigh. I'm gonna have to take them to work now and pawn them off on my co-workers. I'm so ashamed, I'll be a "cookie pusher". :)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Perhaps this is cruel, but I ran screaming from them once. They were old enough to understand... I think.

One of my friends said her troop has a deal where you can buy cookies to send to the troops. I thought that was a great idea.
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    I bought 9 boxes... but I am shipping them to my husband in Iraq! Plus, an extra 30 boxes for the soldiers in his Platoon to enjoy. However, I did save one of the boxes of Cinammon Swirls for me... (100 calorie packs). :laugh:
  • cammom
    Options
    Sending to the troops is a great idea! I will be boothing with my Brownie daughter next weekend and of course I ordered plenty for us as well. Hopefully I can get the rest of the family to eat them quickly. I am really, really gonna make the effort to resist the call of the frozen thin mint this year. :tongue:
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I bought 9 boxes... but I am shipping them to my husband in Iraq! Plus, an extra 30 boxes for the soldiers in his Platoon to enjoy. However, I did save one of the boxes of Cinammon Swirls for me... (100 calorie packs). :laugh:

Rookies wife, I'd love to do that with the boxes I bought (although they're just a couple). How would I go about getting them that way?
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Yummy thin mints!!!
    It has been a while since I've had one of those.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Samoas!!!!! :bigsmile: I bet those things would taste just as good on the way out. LOL j/k, haha sorry, I do love those though. I haven't had one in over 2 years. I think if you know you're going to binge on them, just have 1 or 2 and be done with it. Clean eating should be 80/20 (80% clean, 20% dirty)...unless you're pre-competition or something, there's no reason totally deprive yourself.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have some Samora's in my cabinet. I just factor them in my daily allowance and it's all good and I ear them very slowly and savor every moment. I think 2 Samoras are 140 cals. I got my husband the PB cookie ones and 3 of them have 130, Not fair but oh well Samoras are my favorite.
  • leelee93
    Options
    My husband and I just polished off a box of the sugar free chocolate chip cookies. I had 7 and he had the rest. What pigs! and I was not even hungry!
  • garimac
    garimac Posts: 174
    Options
    I bought some from my neighbor and donated them to the solders.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Did someone say cookies??

Songbyrd, I've been using the 80/20 for a while. I heard it from a friend and liked it better than "cheat day" which sounds like a bad thing.

For the record: #1 Samoas #2 Peanut Butters

Cheryl
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I bought some sugar free chocolate chip but have not tried them yet.

Only a few more boxes to get rid of!!
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOO!!!!!!! I'll never be able to resist the Samoas!
    Cowboy:frown:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I guess I can't leave the house until all the little demons in green are back inside! lol
    Thank god my daughter is too old for girl scouts, I can say no to the other kids!
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sending cookies to the troops is a great idea... although when we sent my cousin goodies last year, they told us no chocolate b/c it melts... hmmm...
  • Mlieb
    Options
    Sending cookies to the troops is a great idea... although when we sent my cousin goodies last year, they told us no chocolate b/c it melts... hmmm...

Oh...I think then all I can send would be the shortbread ones. The peanut butter (do si dos) will get squishy and the chico chip, well it speaks for itself

Melissa