I'm addicted...HELP

Options
To weighing myself. I step on the scale everytime I go in the bathroom. How do I stop? LOL

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    LOL! Throw the scale out the window :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    LOL! Throw the scale out the window :)
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Move the scale somewhere else that's not so convenient if it's causing you distress. Give it to your neighbour. Get your other half to hide it from you and only bring it out on a certain day. Do anything you can to get your mind off it.

You don't want to move from an unhealthy relationship with food to an unhealthy relationship with your scale.
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hide the scale? I try to weight myself only once a week since it's really easy to slip into weighing yourself everyday. Maybe you could put the scale somewhere where it's not so easily remembered and found?
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You will eventually. lol! I'm down to just morning and night now. My weight changes so much during the day it used to confuse me. I find it best to put it somewhere out the way so to weigh yourself you need to get it. Too tempting if its where you can see it and use it all day.
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    Lock it up! Have hubby hide it or lock it somewhere where you can't get access and have him bring it out once per week to weigh in, then lock it right back up. Good luck! :happy:
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I used to be an avid scale junkie. I had to take my scale and put it in the top of my bedroom closet where I have to get a chair to stand on to reach it then have to dig it from under a stack of gift bags, tissue paper and bubble wrap. All noisey and cumbersome if it fell. I make sure I'm going to weigh when I need to... not just when I feel like checking. Besides, if you weigh at different times of the day, you will get different numbers depending on water retention, sodium intake, sleep deprivation, exercise completion and that 'time of the month'. Cut yourself some slack :))))))
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I lost the scale in my divorce a few years ago. Best thing for me ever. lol
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Mine is in my junk room behind a stack of boxes that I have to move in order to get to the scale, then I have to pick up the scale and carry it somewhere to use it. I'm usually too rushed or lazy to go through all of that more than once a week, especially when I know I am not supposed to weight any more frequently.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    :-/
  • Jess7170
    Jess7170 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow, it's great to hear I'm not the only one! I agree with all of the posts that say to hide it (or lock it up...love that one) but I also fall into the trap of checking my weight morning and night. I'd love to hear what you decide to do. Good luck!
  • Bellastarflower
    Options
    Ok I took your advice and gave the scale to my husband with instructions NOT to give it back to me except for once a week. LOL
  • mariposa326
    mariposa326 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had mine out in the open where I could easily stop and weigh myself, too! I ended up moving it out of the way, where I had to stop and actually pull it out, and it's really helped out. I hope Peter locking it up works for you! :-) You can do it! You have control!
  • nicakk01
    nicakk01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE - I repeat - STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!