Resizing Your Rings!

Options
I am just having a discussion with my fiancé as we are picking out our wedding bands. The type of ring he wants unfortunately can not be resized. It is pricey, but don’t want to just buy a new ring when he shrinks down and has to get a new size.

My question for any males who have lost 75-100lbs. How many sizes (whole US sizes) did your fingers shrink? I realize every body is different, but I just want to see if there is a general size difference to consider.

For the record, I myself (female) lost 100lbs, and went down a size and a half (5.5 to 4!)

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt buy a ring that couldnt be resized.
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm also female, but losing 70 pounds I went down 2 sizes, and I could probably have gone another half size. My husband is about 100 lbs overweight and just looking at his fingers, I can see he has a lot to lose there. I wouldn't do it.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Is it one of the “alternative” metal styles line Titanium or Serinium? Double check with your jeweler. Many companies that make those type of rings offer a exchange program - for a fee of around $100, you can exchange for a new size if needed.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Honestly it will depend on how much fat he carries in his hands. At my heaviest, my size 9 rings didn’t fit. I got them resized after losing the majority of my weight and was a 5, but at goal the size 5 was too big.