Going to an amusement park tomorrow...help!

Options
Okay, so I'm going to Carowinds tomorrow morning...and there's so much fast food!
Any suggestions or help you can give?
I'm only going to be drinking water, and I'm thinking about bringing snacks but I know eventually I'll have to eat a meal!
Help please!

Replies

• sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Is bringing a packed lunch an option?
  • So_Um_Yeah
    So_Um_Yeah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • farrellb2
    farrellb2 Posts: 120
    Options
    pack something easy like a whole wheat bread with Nutella on it (I know some people put banana slices on there to get some fruit sin there) and some carrot sticks-both store great when your at an amusement park
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Ahhhh I use to go there when I was a child. Had seasons passes! I say take some good treats, protein bars and what not :) You'll be burning some calories though with all the walking!
  • maryzcontrary
    Options
    Oh, I remember going to Carowinds when I was a kid! I can't believe it's still there!!! Why not pack a little backpack or bellybag with some nutrition or protein bars? Tom's cheese/peanut butter crackers, or almonds and such....
  • Barbeliza
    Barbeliza Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Go to the website - it lists restaurants with menus so you can plan in advance. Make sure to get something you really want as a treat and share it with others! Have a great time.
  • marquesajen
    Options
    Bring some snacks, nuts, carrots, apple, small sammie. When it comes to a meal order what looks best to fit in your day, but supplement with your snacks.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    You can eat at an amusement park!? :noway: Haha, I always get so caught up in riding coasters and eventually get motion sick so I don't eat much. :laugh: One option is to practice practical moderation...get one item when you're hungry, drink lots of water, and don't nosh on stuff just because it looks good. Another option is to just bring your own heat-stable snacks like fruit and nuts.
  • sydneyh0pe
    sydneyh0pe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Packed lunch isn't an option, I'll only be bringing a purse so it'd probably have to be something like crackers or dry food haha!
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Count all the hours of walking around into your exercise. That should help some.
  • sydneyh0pe
    sydneyh0pe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks you guys! :)
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Go to the website - it lists restaurants with menus so you can plan in advance. Make sure to get something you really want as a treat and share it with others! Have a great time.

I think this is a good idea!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    Packed lunch isn't an option, I'll only be bringing a purse so it'd probably have to be something like crackers or dry food haha!
    be happy you can even bring that...alot of amusement parks wont let you bring even snacks in, unless you have very small children.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    The good thing is you'll be running around all day so you'll likely burn off most of what you eat. Eat a good breakfast before you leave. Pack snacks(fruit/granola or protein bars/nuts) and water, then choose carefully; one slice of cheese pizza is not too bad. If you go for ice cream get the child's size or a single scoop in a cup.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I've been to DisneyWorld and Six Flags both in the last month and what I did was pack snack items.

For breakfast: dry cereal (I don't like milk) or breakfast bar

Snacks: Peanut Butter Crackers, Animal Crackers, Pre-packaged apple slices

Then for lunch/dinner: I just chose something off the menu that looked healthier, yet still tasty. I shared my meals with my 2 year old and 7 year old too.

Even though I was walking a lot, I wasn't as hungry due to the heat. Just make sure to drink lots of water.

Have fun!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i say have fun at the amusement park... you'll be walking a lot so make sure u add those as exercise

BUT to be safe, do a little research. Think about what might be there and take some nutritional values notes (mentally or put in your phone or something if u wish)

Realizing that there are 760 cals, 80 carbs and 16g of sugar in ONE funnel cake might help you make some more healthier choices

you might not even eat too much anyway.... gotta get on those rides!
  • christiansurf
    Options
    I don't fit on most of Carowinds rides these days, but last time I went, they were pretty strict about what you could bring in the park, but that was closer to 2001./911 times. It seems the let in a net bag I had that carried a bottle of water (sealed) a few flavor packets for refilling the bottle later, and two power bars. All food items are very expensive in the park, but the the sit down places often have salad and fruit options as eatting healthy is 'in vogue'. If you are going to the water park there are lockers to stow food in. For the rides it's best to have something that you won't mind loosing if it's not there when you get back from the ride, but my water bottle bag always survived; you just can't bring it with you on 90% of the rides, there are attendants that will take it for you and put it in a cubby or on the floor next to the ride, to be search/found by you when exiting, at least they used to...sometimes you'd have to toss it over there depending on the ride. If you are thin enough, a fanny pack can sometimes fit on the ride with you, as long as the bar comes down and snaps closed. Better safe than sorry though, falling out of the ride would be a major bummer!

BTW Busch Gardens has more 'plus size-friendly' rides...I'm guessing because a lot of their target market may have beer bellies? The only coaster at Carowinds I can fit on is TopGun (if they still have it) the stand-up coaster. At Busch Gardens I can fit on just about every ride without a problem, though on the Griffin I have to sit in the special middle seat that has the double straps.

Bonus: With all the walking, you are sure to burn tons of calories! ;-)
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Make sure you choose wisely.. skip the fries and go for a hot pretzel, skip the ice cream and go for the slushy (still cooling but fat free), skip the sausages and choose a chicken sammy... but I agree with sticking some protein bars or an apple in your purse.. even some crackers w/peanut butter if you can, or other snackies. I love Larabars or Clif bars for just such an occasion.

Oh, and have FUN!!!!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Just think of the food on sale there as unaffordable. It probably will be!

I went to EuroDisney the other week and was so horrified by the ticket price that I said I was taking food and refusing to buy any souvenirs.

My lunch and dinner were a nectarine, a cereal bar and some rice cakes bought from the supermarket opposite our youth hostel for probably less than 3 Euros.

My friends lunch and dinner were a burger, fries and icecream and a hotdog, fries and icecream bought from the most affordable restaurant we could find for 25 Euros.

I think I won on calories and money!

It's definitely worth taking a small backpack. I didn't buy any drinks all day either, I took my own 2 bottles of water (2 Euros as oppose to the 10 or so my friends spent).
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Carowinds can be easy - I got there almost every other weekend. The chicken tenders are actually tasty, and not that bad for you. Add them to the salad from the Snoopy (Barnstormers maybe?) food service venue. You'll also burn quite a bit walking around and sweating. Goons be warmer tomorrow!

Have a great time!