Female, fat, 50-something and fixing it!

Options
Hey, I'm Cherri. I've been overweight since bearing my first child over 30 years ago. In Jan. I started Weight Watchers and since then, have lost 44 of the 111 lbs I am working off. Currently, I'm at the lowest weight I've been since bearing said child in 1988. I've lost 6 clothing sizes and have decided that "points" might get lbs off, but understanding the direct relationship between calories expended and calories consumed is a much better long-term solution for me.
As a result, I'm using Myfitnesspal. I've had some success with it before, but didn't stay with it.
I need a community to cheer on and to be cheered on by.
I enjoy riding my bike and live along an 80-mile railtrail that I cycle on frequently.
Hoping to do some running/jogging as soon as I'm under 200lbs (about 3-4 lbs from now!)
Looking forward to encouraging any friends I make here, and to learning from your successes.
I am retired and travel whenever possible.

Replies

• FatMama_33
    FatMama_33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    With the exception of exercise... sounds a lot like me.
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Your here on MFP, great step!
    🙂
  • grannyhoney12
    grannyhoney12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 on Monday and lost 76lbs 2 years ago with WW. I have gained most of it back so here to start my journey again. The only exercise I do us walking. Xx
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welsome! I am 51... started on 1/1 with a goal to lose 116 pounds.. I am 74 pounds into that now by using MFP, counting calories and BIKING!!! I found something I love, and it is biking. Good Luck with your journey. I have found that while it is not easy, it is really not hard either! Consistancy is the key! Every day, no excuses, just DO IT! :-)
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Oh.. and my name is Cherie.. so very close to yours!
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hello all I am 53 and looking to lose the 40 lbs I have gained since turning 50 - plus another 14 so 54 lbs in total. I am also new here but hoping to connect with others for some accountability. (I did lose 37 lbs 9 years ago but gained it all back and then some through shoulder and pelvic floor injuries, and menopause.)
  • psd12151964
    psd12151964 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 53, I entered a weight loss program at a local hospital, which helped me a lot. If I only ate when I was hungry I wouldn't have a weight problem. When I started the program I was 304 lbs. at the end of the program I was 252. I am not 263. I just can't seem to get back to it, I felt better, I need any support I can get. My goal is to get under 200 and then see where I go from there. I have not been under 200 lbs in over 20 years. I have heard a lot of success in Weight watchers, but get scared when they say your fruit and veggie are free. I am not a real exercise person and have a desk job, which doesn't help. I am looking for some weight loss buddies. I live in New Hampshire.
  • jacq0220
    jacq0220 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jackie, switching from weight watchers and I want to lose 50lbs that I regained after reaching goal in 2011. I want to live a healthy, active lifestyle and play with my first grandbaby! Greetings from FL!
  • roma49
    roma49 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 56 ~ it only feels like a couple of years ago I was 36!! all us strong ladies 'of a certain age' ROCK please feel free to add me if you want a weight loss friend
  • swagosweetheart
    swagosweetheart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 53, I entered a weight loss program at a local hospital, which helped me a lot. If I only ate when I was hungry I wouldn't have a weight problem. When I started the program I was 304 lbs. at the end of the program I was 252. I am not 263. I just can't seem to get back to it, I felt better, I need any support I can get. My goal is to get under 200 and then see where I go from there. I have not been under 200 lbs in over 20 years. I have heard a lot of success in Weight watchers, but get scared when they say your fruit and veggie are free. I am not a real exercise person and have a desk job, which doesn't help. I am looking for some weight loss buddies. I live in New Hampshire.
    I hope you are able to lose the remaining weight! Sorry for a delayed response. I didn't realize there were any responses to my post. Notifications aren't sent when people reply to your discussion posts. Who knew.