Pies.

Options
13»

Replies

• amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Now, now. Canada is far too polite for that. And we all know stereotypes are always true...
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    If the pie ain't warm, I don't eat it. Mixed berry pies are the best!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Speaking of sweet calzones - I have a calzone dough recipe and was just thinking this past weekend that it would taste great filled with ganache, Nutella and some Mars bars chopped up. I must try it! My birthday is soon. My son's birthday is sooner
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    This is a yummy thread
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I won a Pie contest 2 years in row with this one.

4jhodwrvx6xd.png
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Worked at a British Pub and helped cook in the back some of the savoury pies looked fantastic and some like (steak & kidney) looked horrible. Mind you seeing a air sealed bag full of kidneys doesn't help and where you have to cut them to take the bits out.

But the ones I wanted were the seafood, veggie, curry, shepherds... those looks fantastic actually have some of the filling in my freezer at home. :)
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    LMNOP55 wrote: »
    brian_w7 wrote: »
    And raspberry cream pie. Oh my goodness, I could eat the whole pie in one sitting.

Never heard of that one

Its my Great Great Grandmothers recipe. Not very common anymore but very delicious.

What kind of pies are known in Canada? I mean, America invented apple pie. What did Canada do for pies?

False. The Dutch invented the apple pie.

But we paired it with hot dogs and baseball so WINNER!

And you avoided my question.

Even hotdogs are questionable. But I’ll give that one to you since it’s kinda sorta true. Pies known in Canada, are much the same as the U.S. Pies like pecan, apple, strawberry rhubarb, peach, banana cream, and of course maple.

Wait, wut?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    🤤🤤🤤
    o63zzg91x1vq.jpg
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Worked at a British Pub and helped cook in the back some of the savoury pies looked fantastic and some like (steak & kidney) looked horrible. Mind you seeing a air sealed bag full of kidneys doesn't help and where you have to cut them to take the bits out.

But the ones I wanted were the seafood, veggie, curry, shepherds... those looks fantastic actually have some of the filling in my freezer at home. :)

Haven't had a great steak and kidney pie in absolutely forever.