New to losing weight and exercise in general!

Options
I’ve been skinny my whole life, I still kind of am, but a new medication caused me to gain a little over 20lbs in 3 weeks. Getting a gym membership tomorrow, right now my main exercise is lunchtime walks, occasional yoga, and occasional hikes. I live in Austin, TX and am looking for motivational friends to make sure I actually go to the gym I join and stop overeating and start eating healthy! FitBit friends welcome, too :)

Replies

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I don't meet your criteria, but good for you for not letting 20 become 30 before stopping and doing something about it. That is a lot of weight in 3 weeks, so hopefully it will come off easily. Good luck!
  • swagosweetheart
    swagosweetheart Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Austin is great place for stepping up your exercise. My daughter used to live there and she LOVED Orange Theory. It's tough to eat healthy in Austin, though, too much good food. Fortunately, there are good healthy food options there, just as well as heavy food.
  • bsedzro3
    bsedzro3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would have helped if I lived in TX. I’m a gym rat but only 5 days per week. The other two for stretch/yoga or full rest. Sadly I live in MA.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Have you spoken with your doctor about the weight gain? That can't be all fat...you would have needed to overeat by 3500 calories every day for that to happen.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Sounds like you have a solid plan.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    in 2016 I had medication related weight gain, but didn't tackle it as soon as you are - so it's been a long road to get back to where I should be.

Get logging all your food on here... that was a real wake up call for me about my portion sizes. And best of luck.
  • ethanscott278
    ethanscott278 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you known about the Law of Attraction? I figure you have, yet did you ever think about utilizing it for your wellbeing objectives!! Weight reduction is one of the numerous objectives you can reach by utilizing its ideas. Truth be told, numerous health food nuts have discovered accomplishment with Law of Attraction get-healthy plans, notwithstanding when different plans have fizzled.

The Law of Attraction truly comes down to conviction, and conviction is a great thing. Best part is that my being human t shirt fits me perfectly now. For instance, somebody utilizing the Law of Attraction for individual achievement figures out how to envision their objectives. On the off chance that they need to show signs of improvement work, they envision being procured into a superior position. They trust that it will happen. They start to dress and behave like a fruitful individual. In principle, these means will make the objective show in the individual's life.
  • dmille2
    dmille2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m in Austin. I go to golds gym. Contact me!
  • ginaxx118
    ginaxx118 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m Gina, I gained weight over the past year or two (just because I was lazy). I joined the gym and I’m trying to get myself back to a healthy being! Hope we can be friends:)