Learning to get out of bed at 5am to workout with Les Mills on Demand

Options
I am NOT a morning person at all and I have gotten my butt out of bed at 5am to workout 8 days. Mon-Fri and this week it is already Wed and I am still on a roll. Today was tough because I was tired and it was cold. It would've been so easy to just slip into a deep sleep but I laid there and thought about how mad I would feel after work when I have prior commitments leaving me with no time for a workout. How I wasted a day because I wanted another 30 min. of sleep. Once I get going, within 5 min of the warmup I am fully awake and ready to go. I am drinking less coffee, drinking more water, eating better and feeling AMAZING. My stress level is down, I go to bed earlier and it is just the greatest accomplishment I can give myself. They say if you can get through the first 2 weeks, you are hooked. I'm not quite hooked but I can see why people feel that way. I do Les Mills on demand app on my Roku and choose a different workout every day. $13.99 a month. Equipment-hand or bar weights, an exercise ball or bench, a spin bike, step, elastic band thing with handles, cant remember the name and your game face!
My first am workout, all 30 hard minutes. I am working up to 55 min but that's 30 extra min of sleep that I haven't been able to do yet, but if I am motivated enough, I can do 30 min after work too on a free day.
Monday Barre
Tuesday Body Pump
Wednesday Spin
Thursday Body Pump
Friday Yoga
other classes, CX Works, boot camp, Grit, Body Flow, Step, kickboxing, etc.. 30 or 55 min classes all at HOME!!! I cant tell you how this is a game changer for my fitness.

Replies

• doubleap77
    doubleap77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nice work!

I’m not on the same program, but I do have to say that getting up early has its benefits. I also get up at 5:00 AM and it allows me time to do some yoga, take my time with breakfast, and generally appreciate my place in life.

And the house is so quiet without kids, SO, or animals constantly vying for my attention.

Keep it up!
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Nice! I started going to the gym in the morning at the end of December and I LOVE it! I didn’t think I was a morning person, either, but it turns out I just didn’t have anything motivating me to get up! I have to make myself stay in bed until 4:45 most mornings.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    hiya! i just signed up to this i love love love les mills so was pumped to find this all availiable to stream as i cant afford a gym membership, im doing body step tonight! i cant wait!,
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    What time you goto bed? I'm a night person and hate getting up early. Can't seem to shut it down early most nights. But it would be nice to get a workout in before work
  • mirnmax
    mirnmax Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Guh - I am on the road by 5 a.m.; I have yet to force myself up early to work out....... and sadly by the time I battle traffic to get home I'm too frustrated and tired to work out. However, I do know the days that I tell myself I'm at least taking the dog for a walk when I get home I feel better - just wish I could remember this on the days that I'm really tired. :s