I've been working out but I'm not losing weight!

Options
2»

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Today, for example, you show 2 ounces of chicken fried steak (do you know how little a 2 ounce piece of CFS would be?!?) for 200 calories and three slices of pineapple cake for 126 calories. I would bet good money you spent at least triple the calories on those two items, 900ish calories, not 326.

That's not to mention all the other items in your day that weren't weighed, 1 tbsp of hummus, 1 tbsp of walnuts, etc.

And one ounce of rice? 28 grams of rice is tiiiiiiny! Rice makes me almost as sad as peanut butter :disappointed:

OP, I'm going to agree with the majority that a food scale would be eye-opening for you. I also see a few entries that look suspiciously low-calorie for the amount stated, so verify accuracy of the entries you're choosing. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Today, for example, you show 2 ounces of chicken fried steak (do you know how little a 2 ounce piece of CFS would be?!?) for 200 calories and three slices of pineapple cake for 126 calories. I would bet good money you spent at least triple the calories on those two items, 900ish calories, not 326.

That's not to mention all the other items in your day that weren't weighed, 1 tbsp of hummus, 1 tbsp of walnuts, etc.

Forget the CFS. I wanna know where one can get pineapple cake for that few calories.

I had CFS Sunday at brunch. It was delicious...and probably 1200 calories. o:)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I agree you should get a food scale. If for nothing else than to use if for a few weeks so that you can learn what the appropriate serving sizes actually look like. Judging from comments above on how things are entered into you diary, it sounds like you're doing a lot of guestimating.
  • fruitily
    fruitily Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Start using other measurements, inches across waist, hips, thigh etc. See if there's a difference there.
  • ak10388
    ak10388 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Forget the CFS. I wanna know where one can get pineapple cake for that few calories.

Perhaps being a bit kinder might help?
  • ak10388
    Options

You might find it if you were more helpful than sarcastic. Thought this was a forum where people helped each other instead of being rude and snarky.
  • ak10388
    Options
    oilboy2 wrote: »
    Only thing that really helped me was keto - carbs under 25grams, .8gram per pound of protein for my weight, the rest fat. Weighing food is essential for me. My issue now is wanting to gain as I weighed in and lost another 3lbs. I workout 5 days a wewk. Fitness Pal tells me Ive logged on 590 day streak. It's a habit now.

I tried keto for a few weeks, however it's just not sustainable for me. My works hours are quite erratic, and I couldn't keep up. I did lose weight though - but it came back when I went back to a normal diet.
  • ak10388
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I agree you should get a food scale. If for nothing else than to use if for a few weeks so that you can learn what the appropriate serving sizes actually look like. Judging from comments above on how things are entered into you diary, it sounds like you're doing a lot of guestimating.

It's true, I am. Maybe I'll try the weighing food thing, hopefully it helps. Thanks.
  • ak10388
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

And one ounce of rice? 28 grams of rice is tiiiiiiny! Rice makes me almost as sad as peanut butter :disappointed:

OP, I'm going to agree with the majority that a food scale would be eye-opening for you. I also see a few entries that look suspiciously low-calorie for the amount stated, so verify accuracy of the entries you're choosing. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I choose the one that's closest (and green tick-marked) to my daily meals. 28 grams is literally how much I eat - this I have weighed.

Will buy a food scale. Thanks.