Blah

Options
Whenever you see numbers that are higher or going up on the scale you feel so demoralized! I wish the number would move down! I went on a hike with some friends two weeks ago and they could barely make it and I being the oldest finished the whole thing while the youngest in the group didn’t even want to try and sat in the car... I try to use these things as motivation , but seeing the number on the scale go down would matter more!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long have you been seeing higher numbers? If it’s truly a problem you can download a weight trending app that will let you view the overall trend, or you can weigh in less often. Just make sure your logging is as accurate as possible...if it’s been more than a couple weeks, you may want to take a look at your diary to see what you can tighten up.
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This is what I’m looking at... plateu
  • AyameShimitsu
    AyameShimitsu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    During a plateau there are a couple things you should look at. One, do you look smaller? Sometimes it’s muscle your gaining. You should occasionally take body measurements l so you can see. Two, what is your calorie intake and why type of foods are you eating? The third is what I think is the most common. Your body has adapted to your workouts and you aren’t getting as much from them as you used too. Changing up your routine for a while may get you the results you want. If your always on the treadmill, try cycling or a workout class/program. Also, you may just be at the perfect weight for your height. I don’t know how tall you are so I don’t have a comparison but being in the 140s will be the edge of underweight for me.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Jadu786 wrote: »

Then you need to tighten up your logging. Do you use a food scale and weigh everything on it?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Jadu786 wrote: »

Then you need to tighten up your logging. Do you use a food scale and weigh everything on it?

Seconding. ^^^^^

Tighten up your logging. Weigh everything and check calories against the packaging, mfg website, or the USDA.

Also how much weight have you lost?
    If over 10 lbs without adjusting your goals you may need to go into goals and enter your new weight.
    (The less one weighs the less calories one needs)

Cheers, h.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ex8nsab82i44.jpg
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 thanks those were all helpful!
    I used to be 170... got down to 130 ... now I’ve been between 140-150 the past 5 years .. I maintained in the 130s until I turned 30