anyone else start C25K today 8/16/11??

Options
Im not a runner but i want to be so badly.. I started the C25K today! Is anyone else starting it? :wink:

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I didn't start that program, but something very similar. I'm getting ready for my first 5k at the end of September!
  • apehead1
    apehead1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    it's an awesome program. I actually just graduated from it 2 days ago and am doing my first 5k race on the 28'th.

Stick wiht it it so works.
  • jezzi4ever
    jezzi4ever Posts: 100
    Options
    I got through week 7 (well no, week 7 day 2) and then it got REALLY humid around here, so I was haulted. It is an excellent program!! You will LOVE it!!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    I just started it yesterday! So pumped!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I've got my shoes on and about to put the HRM on to start week 3 workout 1! Feel free to add me if you want a fellow C25k'er :bigsmile:
  • sandrajessica
    sandrajessica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started it last week! I'm starting Week 2 tomorrow. It's rough! Are you doing treadmill or road?
  • edchagolla
    Options
    I starte months ago Great program
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I started today too...I have a 5K at the end of September. I am not doing the C25K the same way as the apps suggests. I am doing 2 minute run/2 minute walk for the first week. Every week I will increase how long I run for and hopefully decrease how much I walk.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Im not a runner but i want to be so badly.. I started the C25K today! Is anyone else starting it? :wink:

I started yesterday. I do it on the treadmill because I cannot handle the Alabama heat and the hills in my neighborhood. :) Good Luck!
  • LeonaWFU98
    LeonaWFU98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Started yesterday - feel free to friend me if you want to go through the journey together! :)
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I've got my shoes on and about to put the HRM on to start week 3 workout 1! Feel free to add me if you want a fellow C25k'er :bigsmile:

I start week 3 day 1 on Thursday; a little scared lol. ANYONE can feel free to send me a friend request so we can help encourage each other along this journey!
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am on week 7 but I did week 1 tonight with my daughter and her friend who wants to start it. I am not a runner and never have been but I realized tonight how far I have come. You can do it. It's a great program.
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    I started it last week! I'm starting Week 2 tomorrow. It's rough! Are you doing treadmill or road?

I dont have a treadmill so its the road for me.. maybe one day a wk (sat) i'll use my friends treadmill.
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    Thanks everyone.. its good to know that im not the only one starting this run challenge :wink: I know this will be hard at times but im ready for the challenge :smile:
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options

do you know how many cals you were burning that 1st week? i dont have a HRM yet :blushing:
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I just started (well, restarted) today. It felt so good to complete day 1 and the weather was beautiful. I discovered my local high school's track and it has a rubber top layer, making the run easier on the joints.

I love that program and will continue to use it to prepare for my first 5K on Oct. 1st.

Keep it up!
  • sandrajessica
    sandrajessica Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was doing treadmill and then hit up the road on my week 1 day 3 workout - holy difference! Definitely harder on my calves and ankles. I also found that I ran at a faster pace when I was outside because I couldn't really keep track of it as well as on the treadmill. But that's good right? I am training for 5K which are usually held outside ;) so I'm going to stick with the road from now on.

GOOD LUCK!
  • tigeratty
    tigeratty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I started Couch to 5K last week. I have done it several times and it's a great program. I'm training for a Race for the Cure in September.

I've downloaded podcasts to guide me through the timing. This rocks! No more having to focus on the clock. I'm using "Chubby Jones" podcasts but there are several alternatives in the ITunes store.

I was surprised no one had calculated the calories burned for each stage. Or that interval training isn't listed as an activity. I think just calculating the minutes run and minutes walked doesn't quite seem to account for the intensity of the interval.

I'm doing it on the treadmill for now but I'll move outside in September when it cools down.

Good luck everyone!

Shari
  • TammiAcker
    TammiAcker Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started a two weeks ago, I've rerun a few of the days, I didn't feel like I did it as well as I could so....Tomorrow I will attempt W2D2. Typically i do treadmill, but I do enjoy the outside when it's not too hot. I've never been a runner what-so-ever! I thought this would be a great plan to ease my way into something that could be habit. Something I could do no matter what was going on in my world I could always put on some shoes and go. No membership needed. I already feel myself getting stronger, I hope you love it as much as I do. Any fellow C25K's Feel free to add me! I would love to support you on your journey! (BTW) I always wear my heart rate monitor, just recently got one that tracks my calories, so it might give you some idea of calories burned when you get to that stage, granted everyone's bodies burn differently.
  • Lindre
    Lindre Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I invested in some good running shoes and started it on Monday. It feels amazing to be running again and I'm glad I came across this program. Feel free to add me if you like :)