Hello!-New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hello! My name is Melissa. This is my first time using My Fitness Pal. I had lost about 20 pounds on Weight Watchers when I got a diagnosis of melanoma on the inside of my right foot in March 2017. After a successful surgery to remove the melanoma on my foot and the associated lymph nodes in my right groin, I was unable to walk for about three months. During my recovery, I ate due to depression (When would it all end!) and managed to gain the 20 pounds I lost plus another 10. About 8 weeks ago, at 232 pounds, I decided to join a boxing gym where they want you to follow the paleo diet. I have been very successful following the paleo diet and boxing 3-4 times a week. I have lost about 16 pounds; however, even though I am still eating paleo, I have not lost any weight in the past 2 weeks. I am concerned that I am either not eating enough or eating too much so I am hoping to use the app to record everything that passes my lips, as well as my exercise, in order to try to identify why I am not losing any more weight. I look forward to trying this out! Hello everyone!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight, it's always because you're eating too much, never because you're eating too little. Tracking food intake can be a great tool for awareness. Welcome!
  • melnthom1
    melnthom1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I appreciate you taking the time.