Workout DVD's or TV program recomendations

Options
Vicham76
Vicham76 Posts: 59 Member
Has anyone had any success following a specific workout DVD or TV show. I am trying to plan ahead for this winter as i lagged at home with not being able to go for my normal walks. I have seen some people post about the Jillian Anderson Shred programs but not sure if they are geared for men?

Thank you.

Replies

• unicornpickles
    unicornpickles Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We both have been doing t25 from beach body super cheap on eBay
  • lovemytwosweetkids
    Options
    Nintendo Wii has Walk it Out, which I HIGHLY recommend! Look it up on Amazon to read the reviews. I don’t know if it’s still available new, but it’s worth every (reasonable) penny to purchase new or used.

Recently I’ve been seeing posts on Facebook for Body Groove and I’m definitely going to purchase those at some point! You can get lots free from their website or YouTube.
  • lesa_marie33
    lesa_marie33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on doing Fiit 4?! I need some workout buddies
  • jilliow
    jilliow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Gaiim’s Pilates Conditioning for Weightloss. Pilates helps strengthen the back and core and can give the appearance of lengthening muscles. This video shows beginner, intermediate, and advanced moves in one so you can adjust to what works for you and allows you to change it up as you progress. My husband and I both enjoy this one.
  • Vicham76
    Vicham76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am currently trying the P90 Beachbody. It looks to be well rounded for a beginner like me. I am only 1 week in but it sure gets my heart rate up and i can feel it in my muscles.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    i do some youtube videos- I follow leslie sansone videos for walking. hasfit or fitness blender for cardio or weight training and my favorite is a lady around my age named pauhla B.
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I use youtube to find fun random dance work outs. I just search what some I have stuck in my head with "dance work out" at the end of it and some neat stuff pops up. I try to keep up and replay videos until I learn the dance moves. And by the end I've worked up quite a sweat without feeling like I'm even working out. (Plus my toddlers think its fun to dance with mommy so it becomes a family event.)
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    You tube Adrienne yoga
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions!!!!!!
  • newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like tae bo. Look up the tae bo advanced or ripped extreme videos on youtube. I have had great success with them. Once I get familiar with a workout, I mute it and watch am addictive tv show on another screen. That is something that really motivates me.
  • vampireebunny
    vampireebunny Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really like P90X - it's with Tony Horton. He has a couple of different workout programs that vary in intensity. The ones I do are pretty hard! I always wake up feeling pretty sore, but in a good way aha. I lost a good 20lbs with it + eating right. You also build a lot of muscle. If you're looking to stay in shape throughout the winter I would definitely recommend P90X :) It's easy to set yourself up at home too.
  • ashleyrebekah392
    ashleyrebekah392 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Currently doing Chalean Extreme from beachbody! It's been my favorite. Built up a lot more strength and lost almost 20 pounds with it. After this cycle I'm gonna do a round of p90x. I think I'll finally be able to keep up with that now.
    I've also done Les Mills Combat and it's so much fun! Love it!
    And Brazil butt lift. It's fun and got some results from it but not as much as lifting weights with Chalean extreme.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of success with Classical Stretch/Essentrics which airs on many PBS stations--I DVR it because you can't access workouts on YouTube or anything. It's a 22 minute programs which has a great balanced focus on strength, flexibility, balance and includes exercises for areas that aren't typically targeted like feet and hands. It's honestly good for all fitness levels, too. I like that I don't get sweaty - perfect for that early morning workout.
  • CealFool
    CealFool Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So far I've had a lot of success with Jillian Michaels' various videos, specifically the ones that use her 3-2-1 system, which would be the 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and then her Bodyshred system - the last one I haven't used yet, but I'm working up to it. Granted, a lot of the language is geared toward women but the workouts are total body, HIIT style that also have modifications if you need them and I've seen various reviewers who were male say that this worked well for them. If you're looking for something to do in the winter these particular videos of hers are designed to have you done in about 30 minutes total time, including warm up and cool down, so that might be a nice option.

I'd also echo someone else's recommendation for the Fitness Blender channel on YouTube. It's free (can't beat the price on that!) and the videos are well shot, well cued and offer a very different style than Jillian Michaels, whose personality may or may not be to your taste.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Jessica smith is by far my favorite fitness channel on YT. I’ve tried other’s, but I always go back to her. She’s a phenomenal instructor and has a wide variety of different workouts. Adrian Bryant is my second favorite. His bedsheet workouts are my favorite.
  • JudyCoventry4
    JudyCoventry4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansome walking aerobics! Easy moves, great for calorie burning and free on YouTube!
  • torrielewis1991
    torrielewis1991 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Im doing insanity max30 great results i did month one for 2 months now im on month2
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!