Zumba

debsnowqueen
debsnowqueen Posts: 3
edited October 1 in Introduce Yourself
Does anyone know how many calories you burn in an hour of Zumba?

Replies

• www.zumbacalories.com
  • abcerc
    abcerc Posts: 58
    I usually burning 975- 1060 in an hour of Zumba.
  • gdkids6
    gdkids6 Posts: 39 Member
    I was wondering about that to.
  • RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Typically 500 to 1000 calories depending on your weight, the instructor's song choice/intensity of the workout, and how much you put into it. I wear a HRM when I take a class and typically burn between 500-600 calories, however, when I teach I burn anywhere from 900 - 1100 calories because I'm bouncing around on stage like a crazy woman! lol
  • I was told 600-650. That's what I've been counting.
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    depends on how you work out. I am not really fit yet, I only burned 430 cal in 1 hour, my friend is fit and does it right and burns 750, using heart rate monitor to get the results.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Normally I burn around 350 to 425 depending on the level I do. Each season I do is 20 minutes. Zumba I use is on the xbox 360 kinect
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    No one can tell you that.... get an HRM with a chest strap.

I've been doing it 4-5x a week for almost a year and work my *kitten* off and a normal class is usuaully 400-550/hour.
    You will burn more if you're heavier/farther from your goal. The sites that "guestimate" tend to be way off for me.
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    www.zumbacalories.com

Agreed! Great site :)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    For all the people guessing ...you'd be better off putting 300-400 than 900...especially if you're eating your exercise calories. That could be throwing you WAY off.
  • fishgirlnola
    fishgirlnola Posts: 30 Member
    I was wondering about this too. I did my first Zumba class this week and felt like it was a little less of an effort than elliptical for the same amount of time. I think my class was lackluster, too many breaks and a halfhearted effort from my teacher. I put in 350 for the one hour though I think I can increase that as I learn the routine and put more effort in.
  • Manda3183
    Manda3183 Posts: 19 Member
    Based on everything I've read, its about 600-800 for an hour, but it depends on where you get the information. I've been using 11 calories burned per minute as an estimate.
  • fishgirlnola
    fishgirlnola Posts: 30 Member
    www.zumbacalories.com

GREAT WEBSITE THANK YOU!
  • zumba89
    zumba89 Posts: 82
    www.zumbacalories.com

GREAT WEBSITE THANK YOU!

Awesome site. I burn about 1280 for what the site said. That's crazy because i thought i burned 700. I'm going to use this site when i add my exercise because i don't have a HRM.
This discussion has been closed.