Breakfast Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

(1) nothing wrong with the cereal if you don't find a portion of it depressingly small and it successfully keeps you full for the number of calories and you are otherwise meeting your protein and fat requirements. (FYI- it's a good idea to weigh cereal - the bulk density can vary pretty widely)

(2) greek yogurt is probably the easiest way to add a large amount of protein to breakfast. and/or a protein shake. (or some kind of pre-prep'd omelet-like thing with extra egg whites that you only have to microwave morning of).
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup oatmeal cooked with 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk plus 1/4 cup water, 1 tbsp flaxseed meal, 1/2 tsp chia seed, 1/4 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tbsp walnuts, ginger, cinnamon, and fruit of choice (today it was a chopped date, other days mixed berries, apple, peaches, or whatever is in season. Fills you up until lunchtime. Yes, it is high in carbohydrates, but also protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fat.
  • romanicholas1997
    romanicholas1997 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Two toasted whomemeal bread slices, 1 or two poached of boiled eggs with a mixture made of avocado, Vegemite, flax seeds, chia seeds and almond meal.
  • rogertoliver
    rogertoliver Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I pick up a package of Great Value Pulled Pork and heat up a serving of that and add two scrambled eggs. Some days I add a serving of Seasoning blend. Basic, simple and very little cleanup.
  • coralecho
    coralecho Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Any ideas for breakfast meals that don’t include eggs 😶
  • curwhibbles
    curwhibbles Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage or ground chicken with eggs
  • MelanieRiveraa
    MelanieRiveraa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kodak powercakes protein pancakes and 3 slices of ham.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been doing a healthy alternative to the egg mcmuffin. Whole wheat English muffin, with low-sodium turkey or chicken and an egg (cheese optional)
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    l made breakfast tacos today and I froze the extras. I baked the scrambled eggs so I could easily cut them into proper portions. I hope they reheat well. I used Mission street taco size flour tortillas, eggbeaters, 1/2 slice 2% American cheese and 1/2 slice of bacon. tyufpya5sozj.jpeg
    It’s around 175 cals.
  • sonja_cf
    sonja_cf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    6kr41dsjea93.jpg
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Low Carb Cottage Cheese Pancakes --- low carb but high protein (use egg whites only) about 28 g protein
    don't use butter, roll pancakes around fresh melon or berries, or spread with a bit of peanut butter (more
    protein) and/or a small bit of jam.

Low-fat cottage cheese. 28 grams of protein in a 1-cup serving. Top with 2 tablespoons of chopped almonds or pistachios or pecans (about 3 g of protein) and/or top with a 1/2 cup fresh fruit. (frozen fruit will work ok as long as it thaws a bit.

Note -- there are 2 types of cottage cheese, small curd and large curd. I use only large curd but it's a matter of preference. Read label carefully and check salt content ... some brands are excessively high.

Do you like Salmon? A friend has 3 oz salmon once/week. Usually broiled in oven. 30-40 g protein / 0 carbs

Chickpeas -- 1 cup is about 40 g protein. Use canned, rinsed and drained well. can drizzle with oil, add seasonings and roast for a great snack. Or, on a whole wheat tortillas, layer greek yogurt or cottage cheese, unsweetened pineapple tidbits, chickpeas ... roll up and eat. add some rough chopped celery if you want some crunch ... or some green pepper if you like pineapple/pepper combo.
  • GeauxL
    GeauxL Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My new favorite breakfast but pretty sure it would work wonders for satisfying an ice cream craving too, is one package of Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Greek yogurt, I Cup frozen berries, I Cup 1% milk. I put that in the bullet blender & it comes out smooth & creamy. It’s really like having a thick milkshake.
  • runnergirl089
    runnergirl089 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana with peanut butter a lot of mornings when I don't have time to make eggs.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    coralecho wrote: »
    Any ideas for breakfast meals that don’t include eggs 😶

Oatmeal, Grits, quinoa, fruits, peanut butter, ham slices, smoothies.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    I love these Powercakes. High in protein and fiber. They are not necessarily low carb like you asked. Throw some peanut butter on them and you have a good high protein breakfast.

https://kodiakcakes.com/power-cakes/
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy cottage cheese with fresh fruit. It never gets old for me. I buy the dry curd cottage cheese and rehydrate it myself with with a sprinkle of a tablespoon or two of cream or milk in order to avoid the excess salt they put in cottage cheese. It's a breakfast that packs a big protein punch for the calories. Today: 210 calories, 28 g protein.

In the winter I prefer a hot breakfast and have a ton of oatmeal recipes both standard stove-top and baked varieties that I rotate through. I have to add protein powder or a hard boiled egg to get that breakfast up to the protein level that fuels me for the day, and that tends to be a higher calorie breakfast.
  • fatkrystal280
    fatkrystal280 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Needing a grab and go breakfast. I have to be out the door at 4:30am to make it to work on time. Ps I’m not a morning person.
  • PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Needing a grab and go breakfast. I have to be out the door at 4:30am to make it to work on time. Ps I’m not a morning person.

I'm not an early morning person either, but I have to be up and at 'em early. I take a prescription in the morning when I get up and have to wait a full hour before eating, and I like to sleep until the last minute, so I just take my breakfast with me and eat it at work.

The only thing that works for me consistently is when I pre-weigh and individually portion my breakfasts, snacks, and lunches for the week on Sundays. Everything is neatly stacked in the refrigerator and ready to be grabbed on the fly.