NSV Low Sodium Victory !!!!! Frosted Mine Wheats for Everyon

Options
dmpizza
dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
On Drs orders I have to cut sodium in half.
Its been tough, not craving wise, but what happens is I sit down to what appears to be a low sodium meal and then discover the "Healthy" tortillas my family made for me had 500MG Sodium(20%DV for you, 40%DV for me). EACH!!!!!!

The small muffins I would make for myself ended up having a huge amount of sodium and the two cups of Special K(lunch) were also loaded with sodium.

Anyway, I discoverd that Frosted MiniWheats have 0% sodium.
So I can have the cereal for breakfast and lunch and then as long as I am more careful at dinner, I should be OK. I will supplement with small amounts (1/2 teaspoon) of low sodium peanut butter.

Replies

• SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Thanks, I will have to buy some Frosted Mini Wheats!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    This is excellent. It's frustrating when you can't find anything easy to eat.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    They're great... especially when you need some fiber :x
    hahahaha
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I eat them every day for breakfast!!!! Good to know I'm making an awesome choice!!!!!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    hahahaha

Your more right than you think. I had surgery that, well.......TMI
  • MalikaiTheRed
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! I poked the internet for specific information and found alot of different flavors! All of them except 1 are 0 to 10mg of sodium per approx. 2oz serving. the Chocolate one is 200mg per, still not bad but a huge difference compared to the others

here is a link to the brand listings http://www2.kelloggs.com/ProductBrand.aspx?id=188
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    hahahaha

And iron too! I've loved these since I was kid, and I'm starting to learn why.