The New Me

Options
A special hello to anyone embarking on a low carb high-fat diet, and to the ones who are already on this journey keep it going you have so much to gain. Before I went on the journey I was in a sorry state, I had diabetes 2 breathing at times was an effort, walking any kind of distance was too painful. my weight was 17 st 3lbs I am a male 5ft 8" tall and at the time I was 67 years of age. I went for my annual checkup with the diabetic nurse and my blood sugar was 19! So she said I was on the maximum metformin 500gx4 and it was looking like I would have to start having insulin injections, this frightened me enough to change.
I was lucky enough to come across a video on YouTube the Diet Doctor, and it convinced me my lifestyle was killing me. well, the good news is I am no longer on medication for diabetes, my blood sugar is averaging 4.5, I can now walk over distance pain-free, I am, no longer breathless, and my weight is averaging 11 stone 11 lbs, and I feel like a million dollars! I am 70 now I hope you will find my story encouraging. PS I had a hbc1 test, 3 months after stopping the medication and the result was normal yippee.

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I saw that programme on tv (UK C4 I think) and was really impressed by it. High Fat low carb is not for me, but then I don't have diabetes and am happy to simply calories count. I understand it is quite popular now and is very successful as a way of reducing the impact of diabetes. Well done, I wish you many years of healthy living!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    What a super star you are--what a tremendous accomplishment/success...YAY to you and cheers and the very best to you!
  • laban1ca
    laban1ca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's such a great accomplishment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!