Jillian Michaels' Shred-It with weights?

Options
Have any of you given this a shot? I saw it on the Wal-Mart's website for less than $8. I am also purchasing a kettlebell... I am a beginner with weights and Jillian (and I am still really heavy).... do you suggest this for me?!?!?!

Replies

• wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too - let me know how it works out? I think I'd like to try it
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian. But this wasn't her best video. Her technique is awful with the kettlebell, and I actually really hurt my elbows following it.

That said I have 2 awesome kettlebell videos- Kettlebell Bombshell and The Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells by Lauren Brooks. Lauren has several youtube videos showing proper form.

Kettlebells are a lot of fun (and burn a massive amount of calories), but it's really easy to hurt yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    I have it, got it at walmart! lol and it is a great dvd. I really like it,. but it is challenging. def gets the heartrate up. good luck!!
  • tashajasmine
    tashajasmine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I LOVE JILLIAN"S KETTLE BELL WORKOUT!!!!! I use a 5 pound hand weight and it works great. I really felt my abs work instantly the first time I tried this DVD. You use your core strength and momentum to move the weight NOT your arms.
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am doing that video right now and i really like it! It gives me a good workout, but I tried to do it with 5 pd weights and that was to much and my arms couldn't make it all the way through the work out so I switched to using cans of corn (lol weird I know but I didn't want to buy more weights) I figure when my arms are stronger I could than try using the weights. Also there are alot of ppl on here that have used it and swear by it!!!! If you look through message boards there is a topic just about this video with before and after pics that are pretty amazing.
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    I love this video, but yes you do have to watch your form...Jillian is more loose with her form so just watch technique. I use a 15lb Bob Harper kettlebell...which is more weight then Jillian uses :happy:
    I think this is a great workout...it flows well & you get a great burn & sculpting in a short period of time. It definately tones you up! I started with Jillian's Ripped in 30 & did it 4-5days/wk for a month with a 3 lb wt then I cont. doing it for 2 more months ~3d/wk with a 5lb wt. then I moved onto this video...just had abd. surg last Fri. so now I can't do it for 8wks :sad:
    I suggest starting with smaller weights & inc. with time...best of luck
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Okay, since it's only $8 I think I WILL go ahead and get it and try it out... but I will make sure to tighten up form and give it a whirl!!!! Do you think 300+ pound people could get through the whole 30 minutes or will it take time to build up to it?
  • pjfmaui73
    Options
    nothing to worry about...just build up to your best...that's all any of us can do...best of luck!!!
  • pjfmaui73
    Options
    I credit this video for giving me toned and defined arms & shoulders...something I've never had before, it feels so good to wear tank tops now and know I look good in them :love:

Just wanted to share :smile: let me know what you think
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    I put my order in today!!! I will absolutely keep you posted!
  • SuzMac1981
    Options
    Ohhhh my goodness, I lasted 10 minutes on the first level. Hopefully I can work up to lasting the whole 30 minutes. I also went to the gym before doing it so maybe I should try it on a "non-gym day" next time!
  • beachgirl10
    beachgirl10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a chance and take your time! My husband quit in the middle of the video (level 1) and he is what you consider "athlete" lol! So, you just need to get use to it, keep it up, it will get easier after a few times!