Are Calorie Adjustments Automatic?

Options
Hello!

I was just wondering if calorie adjustments are automatic on My Fitness Pal, so for instance once I have lost weight will it automatically reduce my target to account for that?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    if you have the default mfp calculated values and you checkin a lower weight, then it should auto-adjust the calorie goal
  • ami_bemi_bear
    ami_bemi_bear Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ah, fantastic! Thank you.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Mine did not automatically update. I had to do the following steps to get it to update my daily calorie goal:

Go to "Home"
    Go to "Settings" (blue tab along the top of your home page)
    Go to "Update diet profile" (st of links on the left side, kinda towards bottom of lit)
    Then make sure all information is accurate (has your latest weigh in automatically, change your rate of loss if needed), click "Update" at the bottom.

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't updated automatically, but when I go back into goals as I did in the beginning it will re-adjust then.
  • ami_bemi_bear
    ami_bemi_bear Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I went into the settings as was suggested and it updated. I thought it seemed a little high!
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You are very welcome. It is easy to miss how to update goal total, and it can be terrible to think you are in your limits and yet scale is not moving.